• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interrogatories and Seach for Hidden Assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
She is on deed. I am questioning legitimacy of divorce from first husband as she left Florida for Mass after 3 years of marriage in a big hurry with 3 year old son. When we married JOP never asked about her previous marriage status. She did put a date of divorce down for divorce on job security clearance but with her deceptive ness now I question whether she was lying or not. I have searched her county clerk of court database from where they lived in Florida and also called and had them research. I had date of marriage also. They found marriage license but nothing on divorce. Her husband was paying 50 dollars a week in child support and there is no court record of that so I question if he just was paying her out of pocket. I am expecting some record requests from vitalchek in the mail tomorrow. I have told my attorney about this. She said an interesting turn!
It is not the job of the JOP to ask about the marriage status. *That* would be the job of the town/city clerk.

My attorney seriously started searching county divorce records and I scanned her the documents I received of marriage certificate and lack of any divorce records found. It’s looking more and more that she was never legally divorced from first husband. My attorney wants to run this by her attorney and is set to conference call her on Monday. She does not want to blindly bring up in court at vacate hearing.
Will this efffect her entitlement to alimony. 401k retirement accounts? I know from previous response it may not effect some entitlement of home equity.

What type of punishment would she receive by Mass courts for falsifying her divorce from first husband. Jail and/or monetary fine. She even put down a divorce date on her security clearance application at work that doesn’t come up in any court records showing a dissolution of marriage.
You have been together for 20ish years, the "marriage" was in 1998, if I recall correctly. She did not conceal from you that she had been married before, and it took you until *now* to question whether you had a valid marriage?!

Just Blue

Kinda curious to me...The OP has an attorney and yet has posted a LEAST a 1/2 dozen threads...this one seem to be doomed to go on forever. Why is that?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">