• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soon to be ex wife took all our money from our joint bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agfl

What is the name of your state (Florida?

My soon to be ex wife when behind my back and when to our bank and withdraw our money! She open a new account in her name only.Is this legal? How can a bank allow her to do that without my consent? We had a joint account!

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights

My soon to be ex wife when behind my back and when to our bank and withdraw our money! She open a new account in her name only.Is this legal? How can a bank allow her to do that without my consent? We had a joint account!
Unless the account was set up to need both parties' signatures, it's perfectly legal for the bank to allow her to withdraw the funds.

adjusterjack

Why didn't you get to it first?

:D

Just Blue

Perhaps she read the writing and knew you were planning on moving into your parents house.

PxHx.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">