• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

strange case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ivonnejakarta

What is the name of your state? Out of usa

I'm Indonesian woman and I went to usa in 1993 and married with Indonesian man in Las vegas in 1994. We have a daughter who was born in 1994 in Los Angeles. In 1995 we went back to Indonesia but never register our marriage in Indonesia. We separated in 2000 and I couldn't bring my daughter with me. After spent 3 years in court, I can get back my daughter because in Indonesia's law : our marriage was considered never happenned because we never register our marriage in Indonesia's clark office.
Now I want to marry an american man. Since I can't get a divorce paper in Indonesia, what kind of document I needed to marry an american man ?

HomeGuru

ivonnejakarta said:

I'm Indonesian woman and I went to usa in 1993 and married with Indonesian man in Las vegas in 1994. We have a daughter who was born in 1994 in Los Angeles. In 1995 we went back to Indonesia but never register our marriage in Indonesia. We separated in 2000 and I couldn't bring my daughter with me. After spent 3 years in court, I can get back my daughter because in Indonesia's law : our marriage was considered never happenned because we never register our marriage in Indonesia's clark office.
Now I want to marry an american man. Since I can't get a divorce paper in Indonesia, what kind of document I needed to marry an american man ?
**A: US Law Only.

Bali Hai

ivonnejakarta said:

I'm Indonesian woman and I went to usa in 1993 and married with Indonesian man in Las vegas in 1994. We have a daughter who was born in 1994 in Los Angeles.

Your daughter is a US citizen?

In 1995 we went back to Indonesia but never register our marriage in Indonesia. We separated in 2000 and I couldn't bring my daughter with me.

With you to Indonesia?

After spent 3 years in court, I can get back my daughter because in Indonesia's law : our marriage was considered never happenned because we never register our marriage in Indonesia's clark office.

So register your marriage in Indo and then file for divorce.

selemat datang
apa kabar

Produce your marriage certificate to the Indo civil clerk in your province and file for divorce there.

hoki

ivonnejakarta

Hi,
1. yeah, I think, since my daughter was born in Los Angeles in 1994, then she is automatically a us citizen
2. yes, I and my ex husband and my daughter went back to Indonesia in Nov 1995

In IND law : if someone don't register their marriage abroad more than 1 year, their marriage will consider never happen in IND so I'm still single according to IND law

Thanks for your reply

LdiJ

ivonnejakarta said:
Hi,
1. yeah, I think, since my daughter was born in Los Angeles in 1994, then she is automatically a us citizen
2. yes, I and my ex husband and my daughter went back to Indonesia in Nov 1995

In IND law : if someone don't register their marriage abroad more than 1 year, their marriage will consider never happen in IND so I'm still single according to IND law

Thanks for your reply
Well...the US still recognizes it...therefore you are going to need a divorce if you intend to marry an American....particularly if you intend to live in the US.

ivonnejakarta

Hi,

For my case, can I get a Nevada Annulment ? (Since I married in Las Vegas in Febr 1994)
The paper I have that maybe useful is : Court decision in IND in 1993, when I wanted to get back my daughter from my ex husband
The decision was : Since my marriage had not registered in IND civil clerk, then it means my marriage was not legal and then my daughter would be belong to the mother, me

Thanks ..

Bali Hai

ivonnejakarta said:
Hi,

For my case, can I get a Nevada Annulment ? (Since I married in Las Vegas in Febr 1994)
The paper I have that maybe useful is : Court decision in IND in 1993, when I wanted to get back my daughter from my ex husband
The decision was : Since my marriage had not registered in IND civil clerk, then it means my marriage was not legal and then my daughter would be belong to the mother, me

Thanks ..
http://www.indousacouples.com/

join this website and maybe someone there can help you through this.

You are not likely to get an answer to your questions on this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">