• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being threatened with nude photos, tracking my location, hacking my accounts. HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I went to the court house and asked for advice. They were extrmemly rude, would not tell me anything, and basically said I was on my own. I am scared for my safety and they do not care.
They were not rude. THEY CANNOT TELL YOU ANYTHING LEGALLY! They aren't lawyers. They won't give legal advice. You need a thicker skin on that point.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So I need to go back to the police department, basically say "I need to report a crime" instead of asking what to do, then make a police report, and then go back to the court house again and they will actually speak to me? I am just confused what I do with the police report because they wouldn't even talk to me today.
No. You need to go in with the forms on the Supreme Court of Ohio website to file a restraining order. Google Ohio Supreme Court. It will bring it up. If you need spoon fed:
https://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/JCS/CFC/DRForms/default.asp
https://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/JCS/domesticViolence/protection_forms/stalkingForms/

Start there. Read. Educate yourself. Go from there. Good grief. NOT that difficult.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
So I need to go back to the police department, basically say "I need to report a crime" instead of asking what to do, then make a police report, and then go back to the court house again and they will actually speak to me? I am just confused what I do with the police report because they wouldn't even talk to me today.
Not quite.

Yes, file the report.

However, in order to be heard in court, you have to file your paperwork and get onto the calendar. I do not know how to do it where you are, and I barely know how to do that where I am.

No judge is going to hear anything from someone randomly walking into the building. There is a process.

The police are not lawyers. Any advice I've had from the police concerning court and restraining orders has been wrong. They will say, "Go to court at [time court opens]," omitting the important fact that there is an intake process, and that process has to occur before you get to a courtroom in front of a judge, and that process might not originate in the same building - or even the same town.

Read through all those links that OG posted. That should get you started.

sp7233

National Domestic Violence Hotline

You are gonna want to reach out to some local resources for help at this point.

I encourage you to continue to document the things that this person is doing, saving texts, etc. The other things is to take care of yourself! It sounds like you are dealing a lot outside of this situation as well, so please take (even if it is only 10 minutes) some time out of a day to do something therapeutic (whatever that means to you, ex: coloring, listening to music, hobby, watching your favorite comedy show, treat yo self). Please invest in yourself while you are needing to deal with this very emotionally draining and upsetting situation.

Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline. You are describing a lot of digital, emotional, & sexual abuse happening right now and they would be able to let you know what resources are available to help with this situation depending on what YOU want to do/need (legal advocacy, assistance with possibly finding representation, counseling resources, etc.). As well as reaching out to https://www.cybercivilrights.org. They have a help line and might be able to assist, refer, or guide you through this situation.

NOTE! Please safety plan! He is somehow able to get your location, I would think of how he is able to do this and possibly in the past as well. Think of possibly factory resetting your phone to remove and apps he might have installed to keep track of you, turn OFF social media accnts, etc. Buddy system either physically or with a friend/fam member digitally.

quincy

You are gonna want to reach out to some local resources for help at this point.

I encourage you to continue to document the things that this person is doing, saving texts, etc. The other things is to take care of yourself! It sounds like you are dealing a lot outside of this situation as well, so please take (even if it is only 10 minutes) some time out of a day to do something therapeutic (whatever that means to you, ex: coloring, listening to music, hobby, watching your favorite comedy show, treat yo self). Please invest in yourself while you are needing to deal with this very emotionally draining and upsetting situation.

Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline. You are describing a lot of digital, emotional, & sexual abuse happening right now and they would be able to let you know what resources are available to help with this situation depending on what YOU want to do/need (legal advocacy, assistance with possibly finding representation, counseling resources, etc.). As well as reaching out to https://www.cybercivilrights.org. They have a help line and might be able to assist, refer, or guide you through this situation.

NOTE! Please safety plan! He is somehow able to get your location, I would think of how he is able to do this and possibly in the past as well. Think of possibly factory resetting your phone to remove and apps he might have installed to keep track of you, turn OFF social media accnts, etc. Buddy system either physically or with a friend/fam member digitally.
Please look at posting dates. This thread is from January. It is preferred on this forum that older threads are not revived by anyone but the original poster. Thanks.

LdiJ

When you go to the courthouse, you need to state specifically, that you need to file for a restraining order. You will be directed to what office in the courthouse you need to go to, to file for the restraining order.

quincy

This thread is from January and was one of several older threads revived by sp7233.

arp2014 has not returned to the forum since the January date of posting.

Last edited:

quincy

ARG...I hate it when I miss that kind of thing.
sp7233 had other posts reported and removed.

I thought my earlier post in this thread, that indicated the age of the thread and warned sp7233 about reviving old threads, might be enough to keep others from wasting time on an original poster who is no longer around.

Apparently not. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">