What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ
I have an ex girlfriend as a roommate that has because threatening. to make the story short here is goes
-moved in together in a different state
-I broke it off after about 4-5 months into the move because she physically attacked me- multiple times and we just argued over everything
-almost 2 years now and it has gotten worse.
a.I work at home and have been forced to leave from here verbal/physical attacks and threats multiple times and have missed deadlines which affects my clients confidence in me and loss of business
b.I have been called names and accused of things almost on a daily basis as well as multiple times I had objects thrown at me and was physically attacked
c.she still has no viable income(less than $500.00 a month) and has only paid about 5% of the bills) - I have paid the majority of the bills
d.she says everyday she is leaving--but doesn't because she has no car(when we first arrived she was to have her car shipped--never did)/her pet is very old(and dying according to her)/will not let her family help her leave
- I have asked her family to help and they want to --but now she hates them too
- I have offered a flight back home as well as shipping her belongings back to her --but she wont take it
- Since her pet could survive or possible pass away is a concern for me--I have asked her to try to breath and calm down when she starts attacking me but she just yells/slams doors/throw things and locks herself in a room(remember she has no car to leave either) - my fear is that if her pet dies she will become very violent.
- I have had the police at the premises and they told me I should stay at a hotel(which i did-this was over a year ago)- one officer told me she may be unstable--while the other continued to text her after the incident(i called the police to ask them to calm her down)(I also had them contact her before we moved together about her harassment--I should have know then)
I want her to be happy and safe(along with her pet) - I honestly think she just cannot accept the fact the relationship is over(and it is--no physical contacts since she first hit me.
What are my options--
- I though about a PFA but realistically I think the courts would ask me to leave because she has no car and we know nobody in the area.
- I tried to pack up and leave before but I was physically attacked when I tried(and the lease end is about 7 months to go)
Pretty desperate for help at this point--money is tight/I know nobody in this town/my health has decreased as well
Thank you for checking it out