• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporal Injury Penal code 273

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CuriousMama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

I am bipolar. My wife and i got into an argument and i punched her in the face so i was arrested for felony. 2 days prior to the incident, i was sent to hospital for manic episode. But they sent me home only after 6 hours. I was still not okay but the hospital people did not believe me. It seems they were trying to get rid of people with mental illness because they reached the limit of the hospital bed. I was still not well when i punched my wife. She said something i did not like so i punched her but i did not realize what i did until after i did it. I called 911 to ask for help after hitting her. But police saw probable cause so they arrested me. I cooperated with the law enforcement. 2 days after being arrested, I was able to bail out. I called the district attorney and they said i have no court date yet. What is the likelihood that they will drop the case against me?

CdwJava

The likelihood of dropping a felony DV offense is low. Why would the DA do that? What they might do is offer you diversion of some kind such that if you complete a program of anger management and probation, the offense drops to a misdemeanor and is dismissed,or, merely dropped to a misdemeanor.

Your attorney can inform you of the options that might be available to you in your county.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">