• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS ... when will it end

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rawryan1

I assume you reported the find to the school. Did you also report it to the police?

Like others, I suggest that you protect your child and leave. Your wife was probably feeling like a failure herself, and hoping that you could fix the situation - even though you'd then be an overstepping stepparent. (Even the parents of model students can feel like failures... And your step kid is no model student.)
Yes, I reported it to the police but they said it had to be the school that called them. Everytime she does something, it's treated like the first time! My wife enables her, even lying for her and taking the blame sometimes. Thank you for contributing to my thread.

Rawryan1

I assume you reported the find to the school. Did you also report it to the police?

Like others, I suggest that you protect your child and leave. Your wife was probably feeling like a failure herself, and hoping that you could fix the situation - even though you'd then be an overstepping stepparent. (Even the parents of model students can feel like failures... And your step kid is no model student.)
Good idea...I wish you the best. Please let us know how this pans out.
I will Bambi. Thank you so much.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Yes, I reported it to the police but they said it had to be the school that called them. Everytime she does something, it's treated like the first time! My wife enables her, even lying for her and taking the blame sometimes. Thank you for contributing to my thread.
Clearly the local police and school are idiots.

Good luck, and no more damsels in distress for you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">