• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence (brother)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ray Malave

What is the name of your state? MA
My mentally challenged brother Nelson, arrested for a dispute with our teenagers sis & bro. No physical contact. When officer arrived, Nelson was already calmed down talking to our older sister who just arrived home. Bro and sis that called the police (& our mother) pleaded that he be taken to a hospital, not arrested. The officer refused telling her that if she did not press charges, he would and he did so. Now, on 11/15/02, Nelson was given 6 months probation and a Violence Reduction Program. He spent a night in jail, & paid a $100.00 fine. This case was unjust; & misrepresented by his court appointed attorney. At the preliminary hearing the attorney assured me that he would have the case dropped as a false arrest. A day before the hearing, he denied it. But told me that he spoke to my sis and since she was not pressing any charges & not appearing at court, there would be no jurors no case. I would like to appeal this case; any chances that it won't further affect Nelson. Due to his mental and emotional condition, he is having difficulties understanding the requirements and penalties imposed by the court. Any advise, would be greatly appreciated.

stephenk

what is so unjust about the sentence? he spent the night in jail, got probation and has to go to anger management classes.

just because he didnt beat the kids doesnt mean he didnt commit domestic violence. he was obviously so out of control the kids called the police.

why are you more concerned about protecting him then about protecting your own children? does nelson live with your family?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">