• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic violence, kidnapping, assault, abduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He’s being held and is not elegible to bond out. We are working with the prosecutor’s office and victim advocate. He’s looking at 1st degree kidnapping, 2nd degree felonious assault, 3rd degree domestic violence, 4th degree abduction and 4th degree intimidation of a witness. These are all felonies.
You are a LIAR.. EVERYONE is eligible for a bond. Whether they can afford it, is a different story. But he has to be given a bond. So quit talking about things about which you know nothing.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My cousin was recently badly abused by her husband and nearly killed. For the last five years, she has had Power of Attorney for her husband and is his payee for his social security. He receives social security and several pensions. We just received word that her husband gave a fellow inmate’s wife Power of Attorney and had her place one of his pensions on hold while she tried to open a bank account in his name. My cousin depends on this money to survive. We called the pension and they said to fax the paperwork in and they would look at it. What are her rights? We live in Ohio.
Were you arrested in 2007 for drugs or DUI in KY

xylene

YOU are not a party and have no right to an attorney. Your cousin needs to get a job. Plain and simple. She has NO RIGHT to his pension or retirement. Depending on age, she may have a right to take against his social security as a spouse if they have been married long enough.
You know to cap lock certainty the retirement is not marital assets and how the the pension will be divided?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You know to cap lock certainty the retirement is not marital assets and how the the pension will be divided?
This is not about a divorce. Try again. This is not posted in divorce. This is not a question about divorce. This is about her being POA and relying on the money as she was PAYEE. So please reread and comprehend I am answering what is posted. In a divorce it could be divided. But that is not the situation or the question.

Angela Brockman

Rude? Entitled? Excuse me? SHE is going to the lawyer. SHE has control over all of this. WE are in the together. I have no standing. You are correct. I’m in this with her. Right now, she is asking me to do these things with her and for her. She has been reading your comments, too. Please, don’t assume.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Rude? Entitled? Excuse me? SHE is going to the lawyer. SHE has control over all of this. WE are in the together. I have no standing. You are correct. I’m in this with her. Right now, she is asking me to do these things with her and for her. She has been reading your comments, too. Please, don’t assume.
YOU said WE. Go figure that. YOU said WE. Try not to be improper with what you are posting. Now maybe ANSWER somethings... She has no rights under a POA or as a payee. HOw long has she been married to him? What is the situation in the marriage? Go from there. ... well SHE should. NOT you.

Just Blue

How did she get the POA?

Just Blue

Angela, Please be advised that OHIOGal is an attorney in your state.

Angela Brockman

Have you ever been a domestic violence victim? She’s barely surviving at this point. Why should I have to defend my support of her? She does not want to do the typing. She is with me as I type this. She knows what I am saying.

From Holly, “I’ve been married to him for 7 years. I was given the POA from him in our attorney’s office. The person who sent in POA paperwork is the wife of an inmate. It was not drawn up by an attorney. This person asked that the pension be held until she can open a new account for him. The paperwork was sent in the 22nd, but a new account has not been submitted. The money just sits there. I have since faxed in copies of my POA paperwork from our attorney. I’m just wanting advice as to where this MAY end up. The uncertainty is so hard.”

There you have it. I appreciate all of you who have been kind. Thank you!

Angela Brockman

I can appreciate that she’s attorney, but that doesn’t mean she can’t be compassionate. I’m not a stupid person. I have been through hell with my cousin. Her husband tried to kill her. This is a “We” thing in that we are taking this on together. Legally, I’m not involved except for being the prime prosecution witness and him having threatened to kill me. 5 felonies against him for nearly killing her should tell you the state of her marriage.

Just Blue

I can appreciate that she’s attorney, but that doesn’t mean she can’t be compassionate. I’m not a stupid person. I have been through hell with my cousin. Her husband tried to kill her. This is a “We” thing in that we are taking this on together. Legally, I’m not involved except for being the prime prosecution witness and him having threatened to kill me. 5 felonies against him for nearly killing her should tell you the state of her marriage.
If she wasn't compassionate she wouldn't be advising here...for free...every day for over a decade. If you need your advice given to you in "soft tones" perhaps you should hire an attorney.

BTW: I have been there and done it with DV. The only compassion I received was from my family and my PhD.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If she wasn't compassionate she wouldn't be advising here...for free...every day for over a decade. If you need your advice given to you in "soft tones" perhaps you should hire an attorney.

BTW: I have been there and done it with DV. The only compassion I received was from my family and my PhD.
You are stubborn and not willing to provide info. She needs counsel. You need to suck it up as YOU are not a party ... so pay for her counsel if you are so great. I can't advice when you refuse to acknowledge FACTS based on what you stated and refuse to give anything else.

Angela Brockman

This is Holly: I have reached out for counsel. I have an appointment next week. What else would you like to know? I’d be happy to give more details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">