• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a no contact order dropped?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SmolarchukJ

Alberta, Canada

How do my boyfriend and I go about getting our no contact order lifted and make sure there won’t be a peace bond placed?

Long story short; I’m mentally unstable and have afew diagnoses one of those being PTSD and my boyfriend and I got into an argument one night and he blocked me in the kitchen (without touching me) but the argument got alittle worse and he ended up wiping me with a kitchen towel and I ended up having an panic attack thinking he was gunna beat me like my ex had and called 911 the RCMP came and talked to us I stated I didn’t want to charge him and everything was fine I just had an episode but I guess one of the officers had noticed alittle red mark on my arm from the towel and arrested him, since he and I live together he ended up spending the night in holding cells because he had nowhere else to go, the next morning an officer brought him back home and told him to pack all his belongings and told him he wasn’t to come back, while snowing and about foot on the ground sent him walking the other direction and left with his belongings and now they are at the station, my Boyfriend has no vehicle to go and get his stuff nor a working cell number and was told they are about to burn his stuff if it isn’t picked up. (Just to add we constantly get ridiculed, harassed and treated very inhuman by these officers)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This forum deals with US law only. You should either seek out a similar group that deals with Canadian law, or speak with legal counsel in your city/province.

Just Blue

This forum deals with US law only. You should either seek out a similar group that deals with Canadian law, or speak with legal counsel in your city/province.
In addition to the ^ advice. I would suggest you seek some help with a DV Center for yourself. What the BF did was abuse. He prevented you from leaving and assaulted you. Don't make excuses or minimize what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">