• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does someone walk on anviolation of criminal protective order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fyurgirl7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I was the victim. January 11 2015 he shattered my nose by punching me in face with a police grade flashlight. He was arrested later as he fled. In December 2016 he committed a hit and run with a peaceful contact onlymorder in place, I was stupid and believed his ive changed story. He hit my car and fled the when I discovered another woman in my truck he was driving when he was supposed to be working. I called police. They did nothing. He was on probation for drug charges. He was in violation of probation just by hanging out with known drug users. He violated by committing hit and run. He also violated peaceful contact order, the probation officer didn’t violate him. He subsequently broke into my home upon my request to have the order returned to no contact. He accidentally left a pocket dial voicemail on my message system asking my then roommate if she left the front door unlocked for him upon entry he broke into my bedroom where there were gouges all along door frame from prying open. Along with property missing. I advised his probation of this event they did nothing. He filed a restraining order against me but then failed to show up for the court date. The judge was not pleased since he lied on the application saying there were no other existing orders. So he enters residential treatment since he failed to see his p.o. and they issued warrants. He gets out then calls me on him 14th. He has a phone in his name an Obama phone they sent the letter to my home. He used my address for the literature and account info. I login to account and see that indeed he did call and put a *67 in front of my number. The judge believed his excuse saying it was an accident I refused to go into courtroom and his friends whom attended would walk into and out of courtroom and attempt to intimidate me. I entered the courtroom
To ask the deputy to please have them stop he told me to shut up that he would have us all leave if it didn’t stop. I was appalled. The friend whom actually is storing my property for him came into my employer and stood there trying to intimidate me. This occurred immediately after court. They didn’t charge him with violation of order. Said it was an accident. I said with *67? That’s pretty remarkable. They didn’t charge him with hit and run and said he wouldn’t be responsible for damage to my car.

I want to add that nowhere on any of
The courts website or index search Can I locate any info on the case. It says no record found. The DA kept saying to me that the judge was not going to prosecute. He wasn’t going to prosecute that’s all I kept hearing over and over.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You need to avoid this person and his enablers more.

Avoid even "peaceful" contact.

You cannot use what you found about his phone account because you should not have been opening mail with his name on it or accessing his account info online. Doing this helps to contribute to the drama. When you are perceived as contributing to the drama, your complaints are taken less seriously. Act seriously, and eventually you will be taken more seriously.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was the victim. January 11 2015 he shattered my nose by punching me in face with a police grade flashlight. He was arrested later as he fled. In December 2016 he committed a hit and run with a peaceful contact onlymorder in place, I was stupid and believed his ive changed story. He hit my car and fled the when I discovered another woman in my truck he was driving when he was supposed to be working. I called police.
You lent him your truck which he then used to hit YOUR car -- so both vehicles were yours and you were only upset because there was another woman in the vehicle and you called the police.
There is so much wrong with that situation you are lucky you weren't charged.

They did nothing. He was on probation for drug charges. He was in violation of probation just by hanging out with known drug users.
How do you know he was hanging out with known drug users?

He violated by committing hit and run. He also violated peaceful contact order, the probation officer didn’t violate him. He subsequently broke into my home upon my request to have the order returned to no contact. He accidentally left a pocket dial voicemail on my message system asking my then roommate if she left the front door unlocked for him upon entry he broke into my bedroom where there were gouges all along door frame from prying open. Along with property missing. I advised his probation of this event they did nothing.
He didn't break in. YOUR ROOMMATE allowed him into your roommate's home. Based upon your story.

He filed a restraining order against me but then failed to show up for the court date. The judge was not pleased since he lied on the application saying there were no other existing orders. So he enters residential treatment since he failed to see his p.o. and they issued warrants. He gets out then calls me on him 14th. He has a phone in his name an Obama phone they sent the letter to my home. He used my address for the literature and account info. I login to account and see that indeed he did call and put a *67 in front of my number.
Oh so you accessed his phone account WITHOUT his permission? Really. That could get you into legal trouble. Big time. Did you have his permission to log on to his telephone account?
The judge believed his excuse saying it was an accident I refused to go into courtroom and his friends whom attended would walk into and out of courtroom and attempt to intimidate me. I entered the courtroom
To ask the deputy to please have them stop he told me to shut up that he would have us all leave if it didn’t stop. I was appalled. The friend whom actually is storing my property for him came into my employer and stood there trying to intimidate me. This occurred immediately after court. They didn’t charge him with violation of order. Said it was an accident. I said with *67? That’s pretty remarkable. They didn’t charge him with hit and run and said he wouldn’t be responsible for damage to my car.
A friend is storing YOUR property for him? How was the friend trying to intimidate you by standing there? Why would they charge your ex with a violation of the order if his friend was doing something? What evidence do you have that his friend was acting on your ex's behalf/orders? Apparently nothing.
The courts website or index search Can I locate any info on the case. It says no record found. The DA kept saying to me that the judge was not going to prosecute. He wasn’t going to prosecute that’s all I kept hearing over and over.
Truthfully, I can count several reasons why YOU are lucky they are not pursuing anything -- because quite frankly you have broken a few laws along the way.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need to avoid this person and his enablers more.

Avoid even "peaceful" contact.

You cannot use what you found about his phone account because you should not have been opening mail with his name on it or accessing his account info online. Doing this helps to contribute to the drama. When you are perceived as contributing to the drama, your complaints are taken less seriously. Act seriously, and eventually you will be taken more seriously.
Opening his mail and accessing his account info is ALSO A CRIME! She needs to quit committing crimes in order to "get him" in trouble.

Fyurgirl7

I was the victim. January 11 2015 he shattered my nose by punching me in face with a police grade flashlight. He was arrested later as he fled. In December 2016 he committed a hit and run with a peaceful contact onlymorder in place, I was stupid and believed his ive changed story. He hit my car and fled the when I discovered another woman in my truck he was driving when he was supposed to be working. I called police. They did nothing. He was on probation for drug charges. He was in violation of probation just by hanging out with known drug users. He violated by committing hit and run. He also violated peaceful contact order, the probation officer didn’t violate him. He subsequently broke into my home upon my request to have the order returned to no contact. He accidentally left a pocket dial voicemail on my message system asking my then roommate if she left the front door unlocked for him upon entry he broke into my bedroom where there were gouges all along door frame from prying open. Along with property missing. I advised his probation of this event they did nothing. He filed a restraining order against me but then failed to show up for the court date. The judge was not pleased since he lied on the application saying there were no other existing orders. So he enters residential treatment since he failed to see his p.o. and they issued warrants. He gets out then calls me on him 14th. He has a phone in his name an Obama phone they sent the letter to my home. He used my address for the literature and account info. I login to account and see that indeed he did call and put a *67 in front of my number. The judge believed his excuse saying it was an accident I refused to go into courtroom and his friends whom attended would walk into and out of courtroom and attempt to intimidate me. I entered the courtroom

Obviously the people answering the question on here have never been the victims of domestic violence. Nor dealt with a complete narcissistic personality. This person swore up and down he changed. I am under going therapy for ptsd at this point since the mental abuse was far more insidious. The roommate was someone I thought was a friend I rented her a room. She was told not to allow him in house. His probation officer told him to stay away until the court date to modifyborder back to no contact. He did break into my bedroom as it was locked. He left a voicemail on my phone accidentally where the conversation was recorded about whether she left front door unlocked for him he had already removed fence boards from my yard that I had to re secure twice. In the voicemail he went on to ask about where I was and how late I worked the night before. Stating that well let’s just drive by her work and make sure she’s there. This was left on my voicemail. The mail wasn’t opened. It was from lifeline administrator. It wasn’t rocket science to figure out he had an Obama phone. I was told the phone number by a mutual friend whom heard him talk about ripping me off. This person told me login was birthdate is login key. So the log of calls showing my number called isn’t something the courts couldn’t have obtained through subpoena. Besides he left a two minute voicemail, I believe on accident, didn’t hang up properly and let it go to voicemail. My number wouldn’t have ever been in this new phone. There’s a lot of details about this case left out. As far as the person who is intimidating me?well, this person has my property because while the abuser was claiming a new way of life. He told me he would have my thousands of dollars worth of tools retrieved by someone and returned to me. He was in jail for stealing my truck and car key. He ultimately returned the truck minus all the tools. The car key ended up outside near garbage can. The person whom has the property has been mislead to believe he is a victim and I the abuser. Some people are dense or just have a taste for drama. She is an active drug user also. Whom is a “recovery champion” that has a job helping people in recovery. A total sham. She knew my property was there then I filed stolen property report so she denied it then said I was harassing her. She has a friend in the police department because of her work position. She has a lot of people mislead about her own activities. She never even knew what I looked like. I would wait on her and she would literally talk about me to me. I work at a large grocery chain. She came in twice in a year. Late at night. So later down the road after the car crash. He claimed he was changed. I saw my truck while out shopping just before Christmas, he said he was at work. He was pulling into hotel parking lot and I saw him and the passenger who is a known drug addict. That’s how I know. I rolled my window down at red light that he sped to out of parking lot and told them to get out of my truck. I’ll have it towed home. He took off I was driving next to him as we neared the freeway he decided he wanted to get on freeway and sideswiped my car twice he didn’t care about damaging either vehicle. He fled and I immediately called police. When I arrived home I discovered my truck but no key as he took off with it. I towed it to a secure location. He was never charged. How should I be charged with anything. A person has a right to protect themselves from psychopaths

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Obviously the people answering the question on here have never been the victims of domestic violence. Nor dealt with a complete narcissistic personality. This person swore up and down he changed. I am under going therapy for ptsd at this point since the mental abuse was far more insidious. The roommate was someone I thought was a friend I rented her a room. She was told not to allow him in house. His probation officer told him to stay away until the court date to modifyborder back to no contact. He did break into my bedroom as it was locked. He left a voicemail on my phone accidentally where the conversation was recorded about whether she left front door unlocked for him he had already removed fence boards from my yard that I had to re secure twice. In the voicemail he went on to ask about where I was and how late I worked the night before. Stating that well let’s just drive by her work and make sure she’s there. This was left on my voicemail. The mail wasn’t opened. It was from lifeline administrator. It wasn’t rocket science to figure out he had an Obama phone. I was told the phone number by a mutual friend whom heard him talk about ripping me off. This person told me login was birthdate is login key. So the log of calls showing my number called isn’t something the courts couldn’t have obtained through subpoena. Besides he left a two minute voicemail, I believe on accident, didn’t hang up properly and let it go to voicemail. My number wouldn’t have ever been in this new phone. There’s a lot of details about this case left out. As far as the person who is intimidating me?well, this person has my property because while the abuser was claiming a new way of life. He told me he would have my thousands of dollars worth of tools retrieved by someone and returned to me. He was in jail for stealing my truck and car key. He ultimately returned the truck minus all the tools. The car key ended up outside near garbage can. The person whom has the property has been mislead to believe he is a victim and I the abuser. Some people are dense or just have a taste for drama. She is an active drug user also. Whom is a “recovery champion” that has a job helping people in recovery. A total sham. She knew my property was there then I filed stolen property report so she denied it then said I was harassing her. She has a friend in the police department because of her work position. She has a lot of people mislead about her own activities. She never even knew what I looked like. I would wait on her and she would literally talk about me to me. I work at a large grocery chain. She came in twice in a year. Late at night. So later down the road after the car crash. He claimed he was changed. I saw my truck while out shopping just before Christmas, he said he was at work. He was pulling into hotel parking lot and I saw him and the passenger who is a known drug addict. That’s how I know. I rolled my window down at red light that he sped to out of parking lot and told them to get out of my truck. I’ll have it towed home. He took off I was driving next to him as we neared the freeway he decided he wanted to get on freeway and sideswiped my car twice he didn’t care about damaging either vehicle. He fled and I immediately called police. When I arrived home I discovered my truck but no key as he took off with it. I towed it to a secure location. He was never charged. How should I be charged with anything. A person has a right to protect themselves from psychopaths
I'm sorry, but this is a legal advice forum, not a support forum. There really is no need to share every detail...the answers have already been provided. Best of luck to you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Obviously the people answering the question on here have never been the victims of domestic violence. Nor dealt with a complete narcissistic personality. This person swore up and down he changed. BLAH, blah, blah, and more blah...
Get over yourself.

There are people who have posted on this thread who have been victims of domestic violence. I am beginning to question whether you are one of them.

You have to stop emoting and being a drama llama. You have to be calm, cool, and not part of the problem, in order to get anywhere, legally.

While a court could have subpoenaed the phone record, the court in fact did not (and likely would not, for something as trivial as this). You did not obtain the information by honest means, so the information cannot be used in court. Attempting to use information obtained that way in court makes *you* look bad.

You must henceforth establish boundaries and respect boundaries. Your DV therapist would likely say the same thing.

What is your legal goal? How about aiming for stopping the DV. Since he is not going to change, that means excising from your life.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Get over yourself.

There are people who have posted on this thread who have been victims of domestic violence. I am beginning to question whether you are one of them.

You have to stop emoting and being a drama llama. You have to be calm, cool, and not part of the problem, in order to get anywhere, legally.

While a court could have subpoenaed the phone record, the court in fact did not (and likely would not, for something as trivial as this). You did not obtain the information by honest means, so the information cannot be used in court. Attempting to use information obtained that way in court makes *you* look bad.

You must henceforth establish boundaries and respect boundaries. Your DV therapist would likely say the same thing.

What is your legal goal? How about aiming for stopping the DV. Since he is not going to change, that means excising from your life.
One correction --- the court WOULD NOT subpoena the record -- the prosecutor or defense attorney could have done so.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You sound like the psychopath.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">