• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to report girl held against her will by her in-laws and being emotionally abused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontrick

In one of your whispered conversations with the woman, give her the domestic violence hotline number provided above - or tell her to call the police herself.

A legal forum is not going to help her.

That would be ideal but she is blocked from learning English. She would have been conversational in it by now, but they strategically prevent her from learning it so she can't do things like call the cops on them.

quincy

That would be ideal but she is blocked from learning English. She would have been conversational in it by now, but they strategically prevent her from learning it so she can't do things like call the cops on them.
YOU can call the abuse hotline, then - but the abuse hotline is manned by speakers of languages other than English.

There is little else you can do but report what you know and let the professionals handle the matter.

I don't know what else you are looking for here.

dragontrick

There is little else you can do but report what you know and let the professionals handle the matter.

I don't know what else you are looking for here.
True I guess I could do a 3 way call from her app to the hotline until the speaker is on the phone. I don't know what I'm looking for but I can't just do nothing so anything helps. This helped. Thank you.

justalayman

If she calls 911 it is likely there will be a bilingual person available. If not I would put money on them having the recording translated so if she tells them her address and she is being held against her will, once translated somebody will come.

Many police stations can receive communnications via text now as well

And sorry but not believing the police blew it off like you say. If you tell them she is being held captive, the police are going to demand to see her. Once face to face with a cop, even if they don’t speak Spanish, a person can convey such issues adequately such that they would get some idea.

If nothing else if she grabs a cop and doesn’t let go, either they will figure out she is in need of help or arrest her and take her with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">