• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incident in high school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whatsittoya

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

both parties almost 18(in 2 months) first incident, my niece..school called parents to let know that niece was grabbed and roughed up by boyfriend, video of it(school cams) and pics taken..boyfriend suspended for X amount of days..

will CPS become involved? not sure how the parents are handling it.. just trying to help out with information, parents are very distraught and the teenage couple have severed their relationship down to even blockage on social media.

Last edited:

quincy

both parties almost 18(in 2 months) first incident, my niece..school called parents to let know that niece was grabbed and roughed up by boyfriend, video of it(school cams) and pics taken..boyfriend suspended for X amount of days..

will CPS become involved? not sure how the parents are handling it.. just trying to help out with information, parents are very distraught and the teenage couple have severed their relation down to even blockage on social media.
There appears to be no reason for CPS to be involved in an incident that occurred between boyfriend and girlfriend at school.

It is possible/probable that police will be involved (with possible charges) if the school reported the incident as they should have.

What your niece and her (ex)boyfriend have done since the incident is smart.

Last edited:

justalayman

I can’t say if cps would involve themselves with a situation where the kids are nearly 18. Anything they can do would be very limited in nature.

. The police may get involved to deal with the crimes that took place though.

CdwJava

Unless there was a SRO on site the offense may not have been reported. I would think that the OP would have mentioned if the police responded.

Too many schools and districts have historically been woefully lax in reporting batteries on campus - particularly DV, and there are a host of reasons (few of them good) why this seems to be the case.

Provided the couple remain broken up and continue to have no contact, this MAY be the end of the matter as far as the official world is concerned. If the girl or her parents want to get the police involved, they can always call the police themselves if the police are not already involved.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

will CPS become involved? not sure how the parents are handling it.. just trying to help out with information, parents are very distraught and the teenage couple have severed their relation down to even blockage on social media.
If your sibling has not already done so, please have them take your niece to the police and file a report.

There needs to be a record, in case things escalate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">