• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal advise needed in Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lyoung123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Hello, I live in Texas and are trying to help my brother whom is in jail since May 15, 2013. He used to be a top executive in an engineering firm and then opened a resturant and still has it. He got involved with a girl there and she has a long history of drug use. After a few years they had a child together that is 5 years old. She(the victim) is currently living with her new boyfriend that is a drug dealer. During there dating, she was seeing my brother on the side. I don't know the full story but she and my brother got in a fight and she put an restrainingg order on my brother. He has gotten 2DUI's while seeing this girl and started doing crystal meth since Nov. of last year. My brother was a member of the Jehovah witneses but was disfellowed ship because her was living with this girl.One day he was high, as she was also and he went over her house to give her some money, but he had promised her $500.00 and he only had $300.00 He had a gun in a holster in the back on his pants.He brought the gun with him because her new boyfriend, the drug dealer hates Randy and was threatening him that he was going to kill him.. He had slept with her the night before. She got mad at him and started beating on him and grabbed a chair and beat him to the ground. He called out for help! When he fell to the ground the gun fell out and when the three witnesses got her off of him, he picked up the gun and called her some names and left. He has said to me over and over that he never pointed the gun at her. I even talked to her and she said to me when pointed the gun at me I went after him! She has visited him at jail. At the hearing 2 weeks ago his x girlfriend (the victom) showed up and stated that she is and drug addict and also stated that she would like the charges to be dropped and my brother does not deserve to go to prison, She requested that the court just give my brother probation and AA classes and NA classes as well as domestic violence. The judge listen t to the statement and said another hearing to be set on july 18th. Randy did not take the plea bargain of 3 years in the prision.He has now hired an attorney to help him. I know this is a long story, but I want to tell you everything. Randy knows he made some wrong choices and has a nieghbor (a female friend) that has been helping him and they have a romatic relationship. He has said to me several times he is through with this girl.What I would like to know, does he have a chance of not doing anymore time? Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated. He is through with his x girlfriend and wants to get on with his life and get reinstated with the Jehovah witnesses and get custody of his little girl. She is in a foster home right now. His house is in forclosure . His attorney has not spoken to him t. We d him $700.00 He said he woukd need another $800.00 We are trying to raise more money by selking his stuff in his home. It has been a nightmare. He is hoping his lawyer can persuade the prosecuter to drop the charges We don't have the funds to go to a trial. His whole family has turned his back on him except me. It truly has been a nightmare . Thank you for any advise??.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Hello, I live in Texas and are trying to help my brother whom is in jail since May 15, 2013. He used to be a top executive in an engineering firm and then opened a resturant and still has it. He got involved with a girl there and she has a long history of drug use. After a few years they had a child together that is 5 years old. She(the victim) is currently living with her new boyfriend that is a drug dealer. During there dating, she was seeing my brother on the side. I don't know the full story but she and my brother got in a fight and she put an restrainingg order on my brother. He has gotten 2DUI's while seeing this girl and started doing crystal meth since Nov. of last year. My brother was a member of the Jehovah witneses but was disfellowed ship because her was living with this girl.One day he was high, as she was also and he went over her house to give her some money, but he had promised her $500.00 and he only had $300.00 He had a gun in a holster in the back on his pants.He brought the gun with him because her new boyfriend, the drug dealer hates Randy and was threatening him that he was going to kill him.. He had slept with her the night before. She got mad at him and started beating on him and grabbed a chair and beat him to the ground. He called out for help! When he fell to the ground the gun fell out and when the three witnesses got her off of him, he picked up the gun and called her some names and left. He has said to me over and over that he never pointed the gun at her. I even talked to her and she said to me when pointed the gun at me I went after him! She has visited him at jail. At the hearing 2 weeks ago his x girlfriend (the victom) showed up and stated that she is and drug addict and also stated that she would like the charges to be dropped and my brother does not deserve to go to prison, She requested that the court just give my brother probation and AA classes and NA classes as well as domestic violence. The judge listen t to the statement and said another hearing to be set on july 18th. Randy did not take the plea bargain of 3 years in the prision.He has now hired an attorney to help him. I know this is a long story, but I want to tell you everything. Randy knows he made some wrong choices and has a nieghbor (a female friend) that has been helping him and they have a romatic relationship. He has said to me several times he is through with this girl.What I would like to know, does he have a chance of not doing anymore time? Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated. He is through with his x girlfriend and wants to get on with his life and get reinstated with the Jehovah witnesses and get custody of his little girl. She is in a foster home right now. His house is in forclosure . His attorney has not spoken to him t. We d him $700.00 He said he woukd need another $800.00 We are trying to raise more money by selking his stuff in his home. It has been a nightmare. He is hoping his lawyer can persuade the prosecuter to drop the charges We don't have the funds to go to a trial. His whole family has turned his back on him except me. It truly has been a nightmare . Thank you for any advise??.
I would advise you to not give any more money to your criminal brother. Your brother should work with his attorney to minimize the damage, but it really sounds like a stint in prison is probably the best thing for him (well that and actually following the rules about not having any contact with the victim.)

Antigone*

Legally there is nothing you can do. You have to let your brother's attorney take care of him. Personally I feel your brother needed to hit rock bottom. Who knows if this is bottom, and hopefully it is. All you can do is offer your love and support.

OHRoadwarrior

When you play with fire, you sometimes get burned. He was burned badly. Offer your love and sympathy, while he heals from the self inflicted damage.

lyoung123

SHE went to see him. HE did not ask for her to go. She is like fatal attraction. When he gets out, he will be getting a restraining order agaisnt her!! I do believe he has hit rock bottom. He has lost everything, but the resturant.I will continue to offer him love and support and let his attorney do the rest ..

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
SHE went to see him. HE did not ask for her to go. She is like fatal attraction. When he gets out, he will be getting a restraining order agaisnt her!! I do believe he has hit rock bottom. He has lost everything, but the resturant.I will continue to offer him love and support and let his attorney do the rest ..
You seem to be in denial. I see where you blame all of your brother's problems on this girl. He could have refused to see her if he did not want to see her. And if he still has the restaurant then he still has funds to buy more drugs. Quit making excuses for your brother's bad choices. Until he OWNS those choices, he hasn't hit rock bottom. And you, well, you are enabling him to continue doing what he is doing.

Ladyback1

He does not have to see her! He can inform jail personnel that she is not someone he wants to see.

lyoung123

Randy has been clean for 55 days and intends to remain that way. SHE is out of his life . His resturant was closed down yesterday. I'm done with this group of people here.. ..no heart!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Randy has been clean for 55 days and intends to remain that way. SHE is out of his life . His resturant was closed down yesterday. I'm done with this group of people here.. ..no heart!!
How many of those 55 days has he been incarcerated?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Plenty of heart - and common sense to boot!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">