• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving a case forward after request to remove order of protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Melcarter44

My friend's son has an order of protection against her husband becsuse the husband assaulted him. The kid dropped the case but asked for the OOP to remain in effect. The case was not dismissed due to this.
The kid now wants to remove the OOP. Is is possible for the case to be moved forward after the request to remove the OOP?

latigo

My friend's son has an order of protection against her husband becsuse the husband assaulted him. The kid dropped the case but asked for the OOP to remain in effect. The case was not dismissed due to this.
The kid now wants to remove the OOP. Is is possible for the case to be moved forward after the request to remove the OOP?
Why are you sticking your nose in another family's private affairs and seeking to offer legal advice to one if its members?

quincy

Yes. It is possible. The State decides whether to pursue criminal charges. It is not up to the victim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">