• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent Protective order despite lack of proper service by interested party. Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I get that.

BUT here's the deal. Since my momma and sister are named as the protective parties on this, the way this reads is that I can't go near their home and place of work. Fair enough, if this were legit. But since my vigilante stepdad lives with them, at that home which is listed as a protective place (that I can NOT go anywhere near) then doesn't this make him an "interested party?"

Again, I understand that under normal circumstances my stepdad can serve me or anyone. But since he lives with the protective party and their home, then doesn't this mean he is/was an "interested party" and therefore is not allowed to serve me?

If true, then shouldn't I be able to get this dismissed? I get that they will just serve me again, but at least I get MY day in court too and I can offer MY side of the story....maybe even bring a lawyer into this.
A link to the law: https://www.serve-now.com/resources/process-serving-laws/colorado

You will have a difficult time trying to fight the protection order that is currently in place, this even if you could show defective service.

You can discuss your situation with a lawyer in your area but, as long as the order is in place, make sure you do not violate any of its terms.

I am sorry you had a rough home life growing up, and that the choices you made as a child have complicated your life as a young adult. I suggest you get some counseling now so your future is not as grim as your past.

Edit to add: I was composing my post and did not see your most recent post. You not only violated the terms of service of this site with your original posting, requiring moderator-editing, you have been rude to the volunteers on this site who have taken time to respond to your questions. That is not a great way to get help. I hope you are more polite to those you meet in person.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Got it....so you don't know the answer. Since any attorney I know can be impartial on this stuff (since their job requires them to do that to be good at what they do) I highly doubt you are an actual attorney...or any good at your craft.

This is the internet after all. And I'm a firefighter...because, the internet says so. See what I did there?

I don't believe you are a real attorney for the reasons I listed above. Real attorneys aren't that emo.

But here is my question, if.....you.....are....smart...enough....to.....answer....it:

Since my momma and sister are named as the protective parties on this, the way this reads is that I can't go near their home and place of work. Fair enough, if this were legit. But since my vigilante stepdad lives with them, at that home which is listed as a protective place (that I can NOT go anywhere near) then doesn't this make him an "interested party?"

Again, I understand that under normal circumstances my stepdad can serve me or anyone. But since he lives with the protective party and their home, then doesn't this mean he is/was an "interested party" and therefore is not allowed to serve me?

If true, then shouldn't I be able to get this dismissed? I get that they will just serve me again, but at least I get MY day in court too and I can offer MY side of the story....maybe even bring a lawyer into this.

Or don't answer it, and prove to yourself and everyone else you simply don't know the answer....now if you excuse me, I have to go to another website and pretend to be an attorney too!

Sincerely,

Perry Mason
FreeAdvice vets all the attorneys who post on this site....unlike all the other legal sites. So yes. OhioGal is an attorney. A VERY respected attorney both in Ohio and here.

She won't assist you because you are a petulant twerp. Okay Perry...now it is time for you to hire an attorney to answer your questions. Buhbye.

freelanced

In other words, the real reason why the “attorney” of this site won’t answer my question is because I am right. I will take her non-answer as proof of that. Good to know...

So now that I know this, my next step I will take is that I will get this BS dismissed.

Buh-bye

Just Blue

In other words, the real reason why the “attorney” of this site won’t answer my question is because I am right. I will take her non-answer as proof of that. Good to know...

So now that I know this, my next step I will take is that I will get this BS dismissed.

Buh-bye
Nope...ain't gonna happen.

quincy

Buh-bye
I provided you with a link to the law. Read it and learn.

freelanced

Nope...ain't gonna happen.
He’s an interested party. He lives with them. He has an interest in protecting himself and his property. He is therefore too biased to be the kind of neutral party that can serve this properly. The CO law linked by Quincy MD clearly says as much. This is why people hire PIs or go with the sheriff’s dept. Too easy for someone to lie, and that’s exactly why my stepfather did this.

Confident any competent judge will see this as defective service and squash this on those grounds. Not rocket science.

Thank for the links and free legal advice (inadvertent or not).

Ciao

quincy

He’s an interested party. He lives with them. He has an interest in protecting himself and his property. He is therefore too biased to be the kind of neutral party that can serve this properly. The CO law linked by Quincy MD clearly says as much. This is why people hire PIs or go with the sheriff’s dept. Too easy for someone to lie, and that’s exactly why my stepfather did this.

Confident any competent judge will see this as defective service and squash this on those grounds. Not rocket science.

Thank for the links and free legal advice (inadvertent or not).

Ciao
First, I am not an MD.

Second, I am not convinced you read the information provided on the linked site.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
But since he lives with the protective party and their home, then doesn't this mean he is/was an "interested party" and therefore is not allowed to serve me?

No. His living with them does not mean that he is an "interested party" and he is allowed to serve you. He is not named in the order.

I hope that this is now clear to you.

freelanced

But since he lives with the protective party and their home, then doesn't this mean he is/was an "interested party" and therefore is not allowed to serve me?

No. His living with them does not mean that he is an "interested party" and he is allowed to serve you. He is not named in the order.

But the address of his home is...hence the words “interested party.”

Some of you get paid to do this? Who trained you....Robert Mueller??? Trump is right about you lib attorneys. Peace out homies

quincy

But the address of his home is...hence the words “interested party.”

Some of you get paid to do this? Who trained you....Robert Mueller??? Trump is right about you lib attorneys. Peace out homies
The law is the law. We provided it.

freelanced

But the person who served me (my stepdad) has his address "listed" in "the order." Hence, that makes him an "interested party."

Again, not rocket science. And very "clear", to any judge at least.

Thanks again for your "advice."

quincy

But the person who served me (my stepdad) has his address "listed" in "the order." Hence, that makes him an "interested party."

Again, not rocket science. And very "clear", to any judge at least.

Thanks again for your "advice."
That makes his house off-limits to you. You are not restrained from seeing your stepdad elsewhere. He was not a party to the action or on the order. Colorado does not have "interested party" as an element of the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">