• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teen Stepchild Hits Toddler

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chuckw28

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
If my spouse's 14 year old child hits our toddler, on more than one occurrence and maliciously, can I call the police on them and would it matter if I did?

Thank you

quincy

If my spouse's 14 year old child hits our toddler, on more than one occurrence and maliciously, can I call the police on them and would it matter if I did?

Thank you
What are you and your spouse doing during the time her son is hitting your toddler? Do neither of you have control over the teenager?

Yes, though. You can call the police if you have an out-of-control child.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Thank you
ditto quincy's question.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What are you and your spouse doing during the time her son is hitting your toddler? Do neither of you have control over the teenager?

Yes, though. You can call the police if you have an out-of-control child.
While that's true, the fact is that the parents (our OP included) are more likely to face scrutiny in this situation than the child is.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Thank you
Do you want divorced? Why and how is the 14 year old hitting the child? Is the toddler reaching for electronics/the stove/fragile items/the teen's property and the teen is swatting the toddler's hand? Or is the teen holding down the toddler and pummeling the toddler all over the toddler's body? Those are two different situations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">