+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4

    Waiting for a PO

    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

    My wife has filed a PO on me in IN she lives 4 hours away and i have really not spoken to her unless trying to speak about divorce etc. we have not lived with one another for over 60 days we also have been married for less then a year. She filed this on the 3/29/2018 i have not been served i found out from a friend and i have not spoken to her since i am coming to see now she has filed another on me now which is in 35-45-2-2(a)(4)(A)/MB: Harassment by using a computer network or other form of electronic commun. Citation# MC180400020 Statute 35-45-2-2(a)(4)(A) Degree MB. Again i have not been served as well she did this when we lived together and the other PO was dismissed because she committed perjury lied on the court docs and modified a friend letter etc. She is also friends with my 1st ex wife its very crazy. I do not know what to do any advice would be great. I am getting back off my feet and been back in the work force for a few months now i was laid off back in oct. So i do not have 1 grand to come up with for an attorney.

    I have not been served yet. As of Monday when i found out i stopped speaking to her.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen86 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

    My wife has filed a PO on me in IN she lives 4 hours away and i have really not spoken to her unless trying to speak about divorce etc. we have not lived with one another for over 60 days we also have been married for less then a year. She filed this on the 3/29/2018 i have not been served i found out from a friend and i have not spoken to her since i am coming to see now she has filed another on me now which is in 35-45-2-2(a)(4)(A)/MB: Harassment by using a computer network or other form of electronic commun. Citation# MC180400020 Statute 35-45-2-2(a)(4)(A) Degree MB. Again i have not been served as well she did this when we lived together and the other PO was dismissed because she committed perjury lied on the court docs and modified a friend letter etc. She is also friends with my 1st ex wife its very crazy. I do not know what to do any advice would be great. I am getting back off my feet and been back in the work force for a few months now i was laid off back in oct. So i do not have 1 grand to come up with for an attorney.

    I have not been served yet. As of Monday when i found out i stopped speaking to her.
    First thing: if you are doing ANYTHING that can be construed as harassment, stop it. Stop it now. No emailing, texting, calling, FB stalking. No contact at all.

    Next, when and if you get served, make sure you show up for the hearing. You don't HAVE to have an attorney, but one can certainly be helpful.

    Finally, when you show up to the hearing, dress in clean, neat clothes. Nothing with obscenities or vulgarities. If you smoke, try not to reek of it when you go into court. Call the Judge "your honor" or "Sir/Ma'am." If you don't have an attorney, try to show up early enough to watch some other hearings so you'll know what to expect. That will also calm your nerves. Do NOT Be Late.

    Also, don't try to dodge service. That's not going to help you in the long run.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4
    I am 4 hours away i just cant take off work what do I do? She was blocked on Monday when i looked it up myself i am stating that is the day i found out about the PO playing it safe because i still have yet to be served.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen86 View Post
    I am 4 hours away i just cant take off work what do I do?
    Then you'll 1) have to hire an attorney to represent you or 2) not show up and most likely end up with the PO in place.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4
    what about the CM?


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,278
    it may be smarter and cheaper in long run to appear in court at the set time , prepared for the matter at hand.

    Smarter still to use counsel in that distant location ..even if you borrow the funds ...


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4
    I have had no communication with this person i use to call my wife since Monday when i found the PO was real i have not been served but i know you don't talk or communicate with anyone until after the hearing pending on how the hearing goes. I need to hire an attorney just because i cant take off work like that. I do not even have a hearing date. i know its an EPO. What does not add up is we have not lived together for over 60 days now. I moved on got a new gf she knows all the craziness etc. Just want this to be done.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    48,418
    Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen86 View Post
    got a new gf
    WHAT are you thinking? Finish one mess before starting another.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen86 View Post
    I have had no communication with this person i use to call my wife since Monday when i found the PO was real i have not been served but i know you don't talk or communicate with anyone until after the hearing pending on how the hearing goes. I need to hire an attorney just because i cant take off work like that. I do not even have a hearing date. i know its an EPO. What does not add up is we have not lived together for over 60 days now. I moved on got a new gf she knows all the craziness etc. Just want this to be done.
    Do you have a lawyer for the divorce? If not, then you need one, beg or borrow if necessary. All communications about the divorce should go through the lawyer.

    I concur with stealth that until a divorce is finalized, getting romantic with someone else is ill-advised, legally and emotionally.

    I also think it ill advised to use your case number and real name here.


    Last edited by not2cleverRed; 04-06-2018 at 10:06 AM.
+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Hurt at work waiting and waiting for check
    By hiimnew in forum Workplace Injuries & Worker’s Compensation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 10:27 PM
  2. waiting for I-130
    By gprs50 in forum Immigration
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 03:13 PM
  3. i've been waitingand waiting ang waiting
    By jamie_bechke in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 10:01 AM
  4. still waiting
    By Janice8888 in forum Life Insurance & Annuities
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 08:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.