• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

20 y/o caught with weed in GT housing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Negex97

Possession is decriminalize in Atlanta, but I am trying to appeal to housing against notifying my parents. Any advice?

xylene

The policy seems straightforward:

http://www.studentlife.gatech.edu/content/parent-and-family-resources

*Students endanger themselves or other students while under the influence of alcohol or other substances. Specific instances include DUI, fighting, alcohol poisoning, and hospitalization.
*When the Dean of Students determines that any future violations of the Institute's policy will most likely result in suspension from Georgia Tech.
*When a hearing officer determines that any future violations of the Institute's policy will likely result in removal from housing.

Do any of those apply?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Possession is decriminalize in Atlanta, but I am trying to appeal to housing against notifying my parents. Any advice?
While the city may not criminalize pot possession, the state and federal governments still do. As for trying to convince the whatever housing this is not to tell your parents, about all you can do is ask the landlord not to do it. Without knowing the details of the housing (whether it is government housing, private housing, etc) it is not possible to tell you if the landlord is at all prohibited from disclosing to your parents that you were caught with pot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">