• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my spouse be arrested, 3 months after I was, for the same incident?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azrookie007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
My wife was charged 3 months after I was, for the same incident and the same charges. There are no witnesses against her in the police report nor did it say charges were pending against her. The police just came and arrested her. She was never shown an arrest warrant, even though she demanded to see it.

smutlydog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
My wife was charged 3 months after I was, for the same incident and the same charges. There are no witnesses against her in the police report nor did it say charges were pending against her. The police just came and arrested her. She was never shown an arrest warrant, even though she demanded to see it.
The SOL varies from state to state but I think in Arizona it's 7 years for most felonies and 1 year for misdemeanors. For a federal drug related felony the SOL is 5 years.

CdwJava

The police do not have to show her an arrest warrant. Her attorney can see it later.

Yes, she can be arrested (and she was). She needs to consult legal counsel.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">