• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug rehab

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

songolocks

Does anyone know about voluntary drug rehabilitation? My son check himself in to a drug rehap. When he spoke with them they said 2 to 4 weeks. Now it is looking more like 45 to 60 days. They will not release him. He has been arrested for "K" but has not gone to court yet. He holds a fairly good position with a good compnay. He took a FMLA but his not receiving any salary. He is very worried about his bills. My question is if he checks himslef out does that look bad on his recored? and after he has completed 30 days is there any problems with him checking himself out? Can any one help? Does anyone know the legal aspect of this situation?
Thanks

calatty

Voluntary drug rehab is voluntary. That means he can leave any time. Leaving a drug program before it is over always looks bad.

S

SZQ_Public

I can't offer you legal advice, but I will offer advice based on personal experience.

If your son went to a drug rehab because he has a substance abuse problem, and not just to look better in court, then tell your son NOT to worry about work or the bills. STAY IN TREATEMENT. The best chance of recovery is LONG TERM TREATMENT. The longer the better.

If he leaves too soon and continues to abuse drugs, he'll lose his job and destroy his credit anyway. And believe me, there is a good chance he'll cause you financial damage too.

Tell him to take care of himself and his addiction, then everything else will fall into place. Investing 60 days now could save years of havoc!

good luck!

I

IsawNothing

K is not a drug that you go through physical withdrawls from. It will be more of a mental thing, and if hes doing k whats stopping him from moving on to Herion? This is why treatment is depramental. Also if he is a juvinile and you signed paperwork to release him he CANNOT check himself out, you have to do that. If hes an adult then he has every right to leave. They will try to persuade him to stay but its his choice. If he chooses to leave his report will show AMA(Agasint Medical Advice) and your insurance will most likely not pay for his stay. I just dont understand why they would up his stay from 2 weeks to over a month? In any case the medical workers know best and he should follow their advice. By him completing the entire treatment as recommended he will do himself and you as a parent a great deal of good, and at the same time make his case look that much better when sentencing day rolls around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">