• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"friends" got pulled over with pot and blame me but i wasn't with them at that time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rubeaner

"friends" got pulled over with pot and blame me but i wasn't with them at that time.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
My "friends" got charged with possession when they had gotten pulled over and when asked abut it they said it was all mine. But here is the catch I wasn't even with them when they got in trouble and i am already on probation and get piss tested regularly by my PO and my doctor so I literally can not smoke pot or else I'll go to jail. Is it possible for me to get in trouble for this?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My "friends" got charged with possession when they had gotten pulled over and when asked abut it they said it was all mine. But here is the catch I wasn't even with them when they got in trouble and i am already on probation and get piss tested regularly by my PO and my doctor so I literally can not smoke pot or else I'll go to jail. Do I still have a chance of getting in trouble?
There is, literally, no way random strangers on the internet can answer your question. You would be wise to speak to your attorney about this matter.

quincy

My "friends" got charged with possession when they had gotten pulled over and when asked abut it they said it was all mine. But here is the catch I wasn't even with them when they got in trouble and i am already on probation and get piss tested regularly by my PO and my doctor so I literally can not smoke pot or else I'll go to jail. Is it possible for me to get in trouble for this?
If you were not with your friends when they got pulled over, you cannot be charged with possession of marijuana, and your friends saying the marijuana was yours is not likely to work as a good defense to their own charges.

Whether you can get into any trouble (maybe for selling the friends the drugs) is a question mark. I think it unlikely based strictly on what you have said but it also depends on facts not known (e.g., what exactly your friends said about your involvement with the drugs).

If you are approached by the police or if you are charged, SAY NOTHING; ANSWER NO QUESTIONS! Contact your attorney.

And get new friends.

Good luck.

Mass_Shyster

If you are approached by the police or if you are charged, SAY NOTHING; ANSWER NO QUESTIONS! Contact your attorney.
Since you're already on probation, you may want to talk to an attorney NOW. Your probation officer can probably question you about it, and refusing to answer might be a violation of your terms of probation.

quincy

Since you're already on probation, you may want to talk to an attorney NOW. Your probation officer can probably question you about it, and refusing to answer might be a violation of your terms of probation.
I agree that an attorney should be consulted BEFORE speaking with either the police or the probation officer.

A standard condition of probation is that any contact with the police must be reported to the probation officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">