• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posession Charge advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ryanv111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Ok so i recently moved in with a couple of buddies, almost a month later the swat team busts our door down because they thought that a previous tenant that sold drugs still lived there. Anyways they find two of my roomates smoking weed in the basement. They arrested my roommates for 1 gram of weed and found an additional gram of weed along with a pipe in my room. So about 2 or 3 weeks later i get arrested at work due to a warrant issued for posession of marijuana under an ounce.

So my question is if i wasn't in the house can they arrest me for evidence they found during the raid?

lunametales

hey hey senior judge- It isnt a real word.

Hey Senior Judge, did you know that the word" irregardless" is not actually a real word? It is an illogical double negative. The proper usage would be "regardless" or "irrespective". So for the lesson in English, please read my thread, posted 09/19/08.
I need some interpretive information, and can only hope that you are better at deciphering the Law than you are at deciphering the English language. ;):D
cheers

The Occultist

Hey Senior Judge, did you know that the word" irregardless" is not actually a real word? It is an illogical double negative. The proper usage would be "regardless" or "irrespective". So for the lesson in English, please read my thread, posted 09/19/08.
I need some interpretive information, and can only hope that you are better at deciphering the Law than you are at deciphering the English language. ;):D
cheers
You do realize that SJ was being facetious based on ReformedMan's post, right? :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">