• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visiting A Common Nuisance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NightMareEyes

Indiana.

My friend and I went to meet someone to smoke. He ended up giving us Spice. I did not smoke except one hit. My friend ended up reacting badly and I drove to a parking lot four houses down and called an ambulance. The cop said they may charge me with visiting a common nuisance, but it was up to someone else. Its been three days and I haven't heard anything yet. I have no criminal record and am only 20. Do you think it may be dropped? And if not, what is the likelihood I will go to jail?

quincy

Indiana.

My friend and I went to meet someone to smoke. He ended up giving us Spice. I did not smoke except one hit. My friend ended up reacting badly and I drove to a parking lot four houses down and called an ambulance. The cop said they may charge me with visiting a common nuisance, but it was up to someone else. Its been three days and I haven't heard anything yet. I have no criminal record and am only 20. Do you think it may be dropped? And if not, what is the likelihood I will go to jail?
You did exactly what everyone should do when someone has an adverse reaction to drugs or alcohol. You recognized the person needed medical attention and you called for help.

You should not be charged, despite your own use. If you are, contact a lawyer who can probably get the charge dismissed.

Laws are changing to allow exemptions from prosecution to those who call for medical attention for someone needing help.

Last edited:

HRZ

IF you drove the car to the deal...you might not be a clean Good Samaritan ....time to shut up and if it goes further ..get counsel ...

xylene

Very likely, the cop was just jocking on you to give you something to worry about.

Stay away from SPICE and all designer drugs / synthetic cannabinoids. They can kill and 'one hit' is all it takes.

quincy

Very likely, the cop was just jocking on you to give you something to worry about.

Stay away from SPICE and all designer drugs / synthetic cannabinoids. They can kill and 'one hit' is all it takes.
I agree. The officer's comment was likely designed to scare NightMareEyes into staying away in the future from using illegal drugs.

But I would hope that his friend's reaction to SPICE was enough of a scare. Even when first use does not cause an undesirable reaction, a second use could be deadly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">