• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

D.U.I blood test 0.8

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juanoch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Im in California i got arrested last night i had 3 beers got pulled over i told officer i was not going to do field sobriety test to just arrest me (cause he had asked if i was drinking) but dont take my car cause i need it for work cause i pay a lot of child support.I inadvertantly told him i was refusing blood test too.so he had to get court order by the time i got the blodd test it was at .08 wich is the legal limit in my state so did i break the law and can i or should i fight it.I appreciate any help

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Im in California i got arrested last night i had 3 beers got pulled over i told officer i was not going to do field sobriety test to just arrest me (cause he had asked if i was drinking) but dont take my car cause i need it for work cause i pay a lot of child support.I inadvertantly told him i was refusing blood test too.so he had to get court order by the time i got the blodd test it was at 0.8 wich is the legal limit in my state so did i break the law and can i or should i fight it.I appreciate any help
Uh...Yes. You broke the law. BTW...As .08 is the limit (and that is pretty drunk) how are you even alive with a BA of .8?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

First off, understand the there is NO legal limit. 0.08% is only the point in which you're presumed intoxicated. It doesn't mean you can't be found guilty of DUI at lesser BACs. But anyhow, .08 is the double whammy point as well. Not only are you automatically assumed intoxicated and hence facing a DUI criminal charge, but also there are DMV suspensions seperate from your criminal trial for the .08.

I can't understand your last post (other than that you are alive), but you very much do need a lawyer. You need him for the DMV hearing on the .08 violation in addition to your criminal charge on the DUI. If they impounded your car (this is largely at the officer's discretion no matter what you say to him), then you need to proactively retrieve that.

You've obviously left out a lot of details (and perhaps you don't know them or their relevancy). This is why an attorney is essential.

FlyingRon

so no way out of this
Yes, GET A LAWYER. We can't comment on the merits of your case. A lawyer will look at all the evidence against you, etc... and give you the best strategy to either contest the charge or mitigate the eventual sanctions against you.

juanoch

First off, understand the there is NO legal limit. 0.08% is only the point in which you're presumed intoxicated. It doesn't mean you can't be found guilty of DUI at lesser BACs. But anyhow, .08 is the double whammy point as well. Not only are you automatically assumed intoxicated and hence facing a DUI criminal charge, but also there are DMV suspensions seperate from your criminal trial for the .08.

I can't understand your last post (other than that you are alive), but you very much do need a lawyer. You need him for the DMV hearing on the .08 violation in addition to your criminal charge on the DUI. If they impounded your car (this is largely at the officer's discretion no matter what you say to him), then you need to proactively retrieve that.

You've obviously left out a lot of details (and perhaps you don't know them or their relevancy). This is why an attorney is essential.
my car was not impounded ,it was a misdameanor on the dui.My blood came out positive for marijuana wich i do smoke but was not smoking that evening.

juanoch

Yes, GET A LAWYER. We can't comment on the merits of your case. A lawyer will look at all the evidence against you, etc... and give you the best strategy to either contest the charge or mitigate the eventual sanctions against you.
ok. thank you. what could i possibly contest

juanoch

what is the average cost for a case like this

juanoch

how were they able to know my BAC in under 2 hours i thought blood test took longer.

juanoch

ok. thank you. what could i possibly contest
officer never told me why he placed me under arrest ,I mean he handcuffed me and took me away but never told me why he was placing me under arrest.Never at one point ,they just assumed i was drunk as there was no documented field sobriety test.Never read me my rights.I pleaded the 5th and he continued to ask me to take a blood test and question me.

Last edited:

Just Blue

officer never told me why he placed me under arrest ,I mean he handcuffed me and took me away but never told me why he was placing me under arrest.Never at one point ,they just assumed i was drunk as there was no documented field sobriety test.Never read me my rights.I pleaded the 5th and he continued to ask me to take a blood test and question me.
:rolleyes:

Please google the 5th Amendment. You will find it states your right to not self incriminate. The police or DA can still question you and ask for a blood sample. BTW: The officer didn't "assume" you were drunk...he had cause to suspect you were under the influence. Curiously you were...go figure. :rolleyes:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Im in California i got arrested last night i had 3 beers got pulled over i told officer i was not going to do field sobriety test to just arrest me (cause he had asked if i was drinking) but dont take my car cause i need it for work cause i pay a lot of child support.I inadvertantly told him i was refusing blood test too.so he had to get court order by the time i got the blodd test it was at .08 wich is the legal limit in my state so did i break the law and can i or should i fight it.I appreciate any help
First, I agree with the others that you need a criminal defense attorney.

Here are two links. The first has a wealth of information on the drunk driving laws in California, including information on the different types of testing for alcohol and drugs. The second link is to the driver license suspension you face with your refusal to test (and if you are convicted on the DUI).

https://www.california-drunkdriving.org/laws.html

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/driversafety/dsalcohol

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">