• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deferred Prosecution in WA State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

learnthehardway

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

So I'm ending my 2nd year in the treatment program and all is going well, I just have some questions about what happens during the next 3 years. I know I'm still on probation but it's unsupervised.

1. Am I still required to submit AA reports every month like I do now?
2. How do UA's work? If they still do them, what if you're traveling when they call you in for one?

Thanks -- it's been a good time for me to get my act together, and I'm just curious how the rest of this will look like.

PayrollHRGuy

Those are both excelent questions...that would best be answered by your probation officer.

All local probation offices in the state of Washington don't do things exactly the same way. All PO in the office may not do it the same way. The same PO may not do it the same way for each of his probationers.

learnthehardway

Those are both excelent questions...that would best be answered by your probation officer.

All local probation offices in the state of Washington don't do things exactly the same way. All PO in the office may not do it the same way. The same PO may not do it the same way for each of his probationers.
Thank you for the answer. I guess I, stupidly, thought the law was universally applied across the state, not subject to whatever PO you happen to have landed with. That seems...unfair. I noticed some differences in treatment when some people in the same circumstance lucked out on what city they were nabbed in so they didn't actually see their PO that often (they called in), whereas mine requires every visit be in person.

Why are they allowed to apply things differently?

FlyingRon

If things were fair, you'd have gone to jail and had a life long criminal conviction on your record.
Deferral is a privilege, not a right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">