• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a DUI 1 month ago. Just a few questions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtrageser

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

About a month ago I was out with my brother and my girlfriend and I had a few drinks before we left. The reason we left our friends house is because my brother is bi-polar and schitzophrenic and he was flippin out and threatning to kill himself. We finally got him outside and then he started a fight with 4 big guys so I hurried up and pulled him into the car and me him and my girlfriend drove off to avoid a conflict.

Shortly afterwards I got pulled over because my brother was flipping out in the back seat and trying to jump out of a moving vehicle (it was his car that I was driving). The officer walked up to the car, I told him my brother was bipolar and needed medication. He said, hold on a minute and walked away. He then came back to the car with a breathilizer and told me to blow in it. I did and it said .222 or something like that. Well, he gave me the field sobriety testing and then took me to the hospital. My BAC came back .177 the officer took me home.

My question is this. When I got my paperwork, the paper says they are charging me as a first offence but I got a dui back in 1999 that does show up on my criminal record. Does this mean that I will only be charged as a first time offender even though I'm not?

Also, I was planning on moving to another county that isn't too far away (Gettysburg PA) and I was wondering, will that affect my sentencing? Meaning, will it affect my ability for work release, house arrest, etc... ???

Thanks in advance for any advice/help with this. It is greatly appreciated.

James

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">