• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interlock Device in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Knickie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Has anyone else had problems with the interlock device?

I enjoy a few glasses of wine while cooking and eating dinner. Than after 9 hours of sleep I get up and quickly get ready (brush teeth - no mouthwash used. sip coffee) and leave the house within 20 min. and 2x this damb device has failed.

I don't understand this happening after 9 hours of sleep.

Anyone else had this problem? Am I just supposed to give up alcohol all together?

Mind you. I do not go out drinking or stay at home drinking till late hours. I would think 9 hours of sleep would be enough.

I have also had trouble with this device when asked to take a re-rest while driving. A few times it has not worked and I have had to do it again,more than once.

I am thinking the device is not working properly.

appreciate some feed back

thanks

justalayman

what does sleep have to do with anything? Time is the only thing that makes a difference.

Am I just supposed to give up alcohol all together?
I believe that is the point if you want to drive.

I am thinking the device is not working properly.
then get it checked but so far, it sounds like it is working fine. It is not supposed to allow driving if there is any alcohol in your system. Depending on how much "a couple glasses of wine" is, the failure in the morning could be very possible.

as to having to retest while driving; from what I have heard, nothing unusual about that. Having you blow several times in a row or within a few minutes of another test isn't uncommon. They want to know you aren't cheating the unit and that is one method they use to help prevent that.

swrdmbo

Are you kidding?? Yes...the point is you are supposed to give up alcohol altogether if you want to drive. Do you really not get the fact that you are not a "social drinker"?

Anyone that has been forced into having an interlock device on their car needs to realize that they must have no control over alcohol or they would not continue to get themselves into a situation where an interlock device is warranted.

The solution to your problem is the obvious one, and one you seem to think unnecessary. Quit drinking alcohol, or quit driving.

aldaron

Its a known fact that some older models have had alot of issues with reliability and some companies models are more accurate than others. In my state they use 4 different companies and 2 get the majority of complaints. An interlock is designed to lockup after detecting alcohol in the .08 range to prevent the car drom being driven and must be unlocked only by the service provider. They then report that incident to the state DMV and then consequences happen. Try a different interlock OP if NJ has that option.

FlyingRon

The setpoint for ignition interlocks in NJ is .05. It's not inconceivable that if you get wasted the night before you may fail in the morning. If you manage to drink yourself up over .020, you will still be at .05 eight hours later.

Dave1952

What feedback do you want? If you think there is a problem with the device pay to have the device tested and calibrated. This is probably covered in the rental agreement.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">