• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who Should I contact?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I stand corrected - thanks.
Not a problem. :)

And I thank you for replying to this thread, GuyInNC. The laws on IIDs do seem to be more state-specific than I realized, although the devices used by the various states may be the same.

GuyInNC

Not a problem. :)

And I thank you for replying to this thread, GuyInNC. The laws on IIDs do seem to be more state-specific than I realized, although the devices used by the various states may be the same.
Interesting story, Quincy. When I got my IID I had done a fair bit of research and was reasonably well informed regarding operation, etc. I saw the (pretty damn long) video that Smart Start provided and at the end I pointed out two places where the video was incorrect. The response was simply "yeah - that video was made for Texas". That was an interesting level set into how this whole thing works.

I had always wondered just how useful a camera is in enforcement here, as if you are going to have your buddy blow for you he is also going to have to ride with you as the retests often come pretty quickly. Just have your buddy drive (or maybe there are folks out there where everybody in their social circle has been drinking). But there was a case (in Indiana maybe?) where a lady had taught her kids to blow for her (just exactly how many ways is this one wrong). So the camera will detect when the driver isn't doing the blowing which does bring useful value to the situation (unlike what I thought originally).

quincy

Interesting story, Quincy. When I got my IID I had done a fair bit of research and was reasonably well informed regarding operation, etc. I saw the (pretty damn long) video that Smart Start provided and at the end I pointed out two places where the video was incorrect. The response was simply "yeah - that video was made for Texas". That was an interesting level set into how this whole thing works.

I had always wondered just how useful a camera is in enforcement here, as if you are going to have your buddy blow for you he is also going to have to ride with you as the retests often come pretty quickly. Just have your buddy drive (or maybe there are folks out there where everybody in their social circle has been drinking). But there was a case (in Indiana maybe?) where a lady had taught her kids to blow for her (just exactly how many ways is this one wrong). So the camera will detect when the driver isn't doing the blowing which does bring useful value to the situation (unlike what I thought originally).
The cameras seem to have reduced the number of people who fool the system, which is good.

With every advance in IID technology, however, there always seems to be someone somewhere who will try to get around their driving restrictions. I guess some people can't appreciate how lucky they are to be given the opportunity to drive again, even if to drive again it means they must suffer the temporary inconvenience of blowing into a device designed to keep themselves and others on the road safe from injury or death.

The ignition interlock device was a great invention. I applaud the inventor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">