• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exhaust poisioning from furnace due to negligence upon installation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limoboy69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? R.I. We had a new furnace installed 1 week ago. There was a very strong and irritating odor immediatly when plumbers started it up. They said that was normal for a new furnace to burn off the oils and paints and it would clear up in a few days. I called back the next day because it got worse when we would turn the thermostat up high, and they told me the same thing about how it was normal and the odor would go away in a few days. I called back six days later to tell them the odor was not going away and I felt something was wrong. They came back out and the technition told me that when the plumbers first lit the gas pilot for the furnace they neglected to insatall an exhaust plate. For six days our house was filled with exhaust from the furnace! My wife and I were very sick because of the fumes and we went to the emergency room for treatment. Can the plumbing company be held liable for their negligence? What recourse can we take? It cost me $7,600 for the job and to be poisoned for a week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">