+ Reply to Thread
    MommyofTwins Guest

Children's Name Change

New Jersey- I am a single mother of 2 year old twin girls. I was never married to their father but I gave them his last name. He provides weekly child support to me but we have no legal agreements. I would like to know if I get legally married in the future how can I add my new married last name to my daughter's last name without eliminating their name now?

Also, what are the legalities of custody for each parent if the parents were unmarried like us and the children live with me? He has never asked me for custody of them, that is why I never filed any custody papers.

Should I?

You'll get better feedback if you repost your question to an active board rather than an archive such as this one.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

1. I want to change my children's last name
    By MegSnyd in forum Adoption
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 09:29 PM
  2. Can the x change our children's last name?
    By Jason Knight in forum Marriage, Domestic Partnerships and Other Family Law Matters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2002, 09:05 AM
  3. Change of Name for Children
    By appasgirl in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2002, 07:55 AM
  4. Children's last name change.
    By liu in forum Marriage, Domestic Partnerships and Other Family Law Matters
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2001, 02:54 PM
  5. Name change for children
    By Curious in NY in forum Family Law Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2000, 01:07 AM