• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

longkb

hello.

i was injured on the job...filed work comp...was denied...i am appealing with lawyer....and am currently on short term disability. i have received offer for another job and want to accept position...requiring me to leave current job while on std. i have exhausted research on company website trying to locate provisions for this and I cannot find. i do not think it would be wise to call my company hr department and ask this specific question. i am concerned of whether i will have to repay benefits received. my company is self insured, at will employer, and uses liberty mutual for std and ltd benefits. please advise. thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The reason you can't find anything is that it never occurs.

No. No. No. No. No. I don't know where so many people get the idea that they will have to repay STD benefits if they leave the company.

You will not. I promise you that you will not.

I have been in some form of HR/Benefits for 38 years. For nine years I have done Benefits exclusively, and there were other periods in the last 39 years where I also did Benefits exclusively.

In all that time, I have never once seen or heard of any STD policy that requires benefits to be repaid if the employee leaves the company. It simply does not happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">