• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Foreverafamily

What is the name of your state? FL

I am in need of some help understanding the model parental timesharing schedule that was incorporated into my divorce. This is the section I am alittle confused about, so anyone please help. Here it goes:

It states as follows: Holidays: Holiday time with the child(ren) preempts normal weekday, weekend and summer time with the child(ren). The normal weekend rotation resumes immediately following holiday interruption. Thus for example, if the Primary Residential Parent has a weekend with the child(ren) and the following weeked, which would normally be the Secondary Residential Parent's weekend with the child(ren), is a holiday (the Secondary Residential Parent's holiday with the child(ren)), then the weekend following the holiday, the Secondary Residential Parent will have normal weekend time with the child(ren).

Now my question is this - I am the Primary Residential Parent and the Secondary Residential Parent gets the children for Thanksgiving which technically would be my weekend - so would that mean that since the holiday fell on my weekend which is his holiday that my visitation resumes the following weekend. Therefore do to the holiday or weekends are going to be flipped. Is that correct????

Bloopy

I'm reading this;

You go back to your assigned weekends. Because of Thanksgiving, Secondary gets what would have been your weekend, the weekend of November 24. Visitation then goes back to normal, so dad then gets the following weekend too. That's the weekend of December 1. From what you posted. I think I have bolded your weekends.

Sounds like a rip-off but you do have Primary so think of it as a bonus for secondary. Bet it evens out for Christmas or another holiday anyway.

November
10 11
17 18
24 25

December
1 2
8 9
14 15
22 23
29 30

Holiday time with the child(ren) preempts normal weekday, weekend and summer time with the child(ren).

The normal weekend rotation resumes immediately following holiday interruption.

Last edited:

Foreverafamily

So that is what that actually means?? Someone was trying to tell me that the weekends would be flipped because he took my weekend do to the holiday than I would have the children the next weekend which would of been his, thats why I was getting confused.

Bloopy

Thus for example, if the Primary Residential Parent has a weekend with the child(ren) and the following weeked, which would normally be the Secondary Residential Parent's weekend with the child(ren), is a holiday (the Secondary Residential Parent's holiday with the child(ren)), then the weekend following the holiday, the Secondary Residential Parent will have normal weekend time with the child(ren).

This example is sooooo confusing.

It makes it sound like Secondary's weekend fell on Secondary's holiday... If that were the case everthing would be pretty normal and no one would be confused.

What's happening is that Secondary's holiday is falling on the "wrong weekend."

What a lousey example, wrtten to confuse what was written better.

Bloopy

Do yourself a favor and ignore the example.

This is "much more better"

Holiday time with the child(ren) preempts normal weekday, weekend and summer time with the child(ren).

The normal weekend rotation resumes immediately following holiday interruption.

Foreverafamily

So..

So since his hooliday falls on my weekend (and he takes my weekend) than the weeked following his holiday (which would be his if there was no holiday) will actually be my weekend with the children, correct??? And if that's the case than the weekends flip until another holiday flips them back.

I AM STILL CONFUSEDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Bloopy

November
10 11
17 18
24 25

December
1 2
8 9
14 15
22 23
29 30

Your weekends are BOLDED

You "lose" your weekend to the Thanksgiving holiday

Secondary has them 3 in a row... Thanks Ginny

milspecgirl

agreed, you would normally have them tgiving weekend, but the holiday takes precedence- so you just give it up.
it would be the same if it was their weekend but your holiday- they would miss that weekend and therefore, not have them for 3 weeks

TinkerBelleLuvr

If it were me, I would scope it out on a calendar. What you'll find is that it does work out. If you can find examples where dad wouldn't see the kiddies for three weeks in a row, you might find him more apt to do some swaps of weekends where you each have them two weekends in a row so that there aren't long stretches without any weekends. It gets particularly hard around the holidays.

Foreverafamily

Ok

Okay they also sent me a calendar and this is how they have it layed out:

Secondary Parent's Days: (from thier calendar)
11/1-11/4
11/8
11/15-11/18
11/20-11/25 (since they get them thanksgiving from the end of school until the resumption of school) Which this weekend would actually be mine
11/29-/12/2

Therefore I only get them 1 weekend in the month of november.

milspecgirl

that will happen at holidays- that's just how it is. some months the 3 weekends will be in your favor and others it won't. I really don't think 1 weekend every once in a while for a holiday is a reason to go back to court or anything like that. I can see where your order got VERY confusing. do you understand now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">