• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

Completely serious.

As always.
I have to go watch "Sophie's Choice" if crying is required.

Or a commercial with dogs in cages. :( (And wtf is with the recent proliferation of commercials about dogs in cages??)

And I'm gonna need to see some sort of contract that compensates me, handsomely, for crying. :p

CJane

I have to go watch "Sophie's Choice" if crying is required.

Or a commercial with dogs in cages. :( (And wtf is with the recent proliferation of commercials about dogs in cages??)

And I'm gonna need to see some sort of contract that compensates me, handsomely, for crying. :p
Like the pedigree dog food commercial w/the dog who couldn't move into the new apartment with his family? Commercials like THAT?

THey're worse than the Folger's commercials where the big brother comes home from college for Christmas and makes coffee while everyone sleeps.

Silverplum

Like the pedigree dog food commercial w/the dog who couldn't move into the new apartment with his family? Commercials like THAT?

THey're worse than the Folger's commercials where the big brother comes home from college for Christmas and makes coffee while everyone sleeps.
Yep, those.

fairisfair

I really really don't want your head to explode.

Though, you could post in Totalwreck's thread on the personal injury board and he could help you figure out if Mary would have to pay you damages for your explosion.
uh, sorry, I try not to ever respond to totalwreck:eek:

aliciarhae

Just wanted to say that this was so unhelpful. To the one or two people who responded...yes, I have carefully budgeted my money...and I am a working mother...a TEACHER. For the one who said the gas issue is not a child support issue...it is when former gas money is now being spent on the child's food, shelter, and clothing. Hello...think about it. I thought this might be a helpful site, but I guess not. Luckily, the TX OAG is stepping in to see the support is paid.

mom6399

This can be a very helpful site, so don't give up.

From one who is there (and been there), the best non-legal advice is to NOT count on child support for your child's day to day needs; even though that it what it is intended for. If an ncp does not want to pay, they won't; if they can't pay for legitimate reasons, there is no slush fund for the CS to come from and the burden (responsibility) will fall on the CP. It's just part of the deal of the privilege of being the primary/custodial parent.

The involvement of enforcement agencies offers hope, but it can be false hope. Again, if an ncp does not want to pay, they are not going to pay. They find lots of ways to skirt enforcement actions. If you are not on state aid, your case will possibly (likely) be on the back burner with the enforcement agency...arrest warrants may be issued, licenses suspended...but this does not bring in the child support, but offers hope it will. I would not count on a quick result; CS agencies are underfunded and overwhelmed with cases. It can take months to even get an enforcement order in place. Forgive me, wonderful attorney's on this site, but spending thousands of dollars in legal fees to enforce child support seems to be throwing good money after bad.

As far as the credit card debt your ex is responsible for, you may be able to file a civil claim against them if the debts are clearly outlined in your decree and you can show proof there has been no payment towards this debt.

I, too am an educator. I have been very thankful for the opportunities the schedule allows to work extra jobs or in the summer, to do exactly what you are trying to do. It may take a while, but you can do it...even without the child support. It will be a great thing when and if you get CS, but remember, never, never count on it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
As far as the credit card debt your ex is responsible for, you may be able to file a civil claim against them if the debts are clearly outlined in your decree and you can show proof there has been no payment towards this debt.
It is called CONTEMPT or an ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE that OP may file if the decree state that ex is responsible for half the debt and has not paid his portion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">