• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Zone Speed Trap?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

occharge

Oh, we don't want to get into a history lesson of who attacked who ...
Nope, neither do I... I simply asked about the date the document was issued!

... pity the U.N. didn't act to condemn the attackers who vowed to drive them into the sea.
I have chosen to pity the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians who were attacked as they walked there way westbound across the river, north and south across the desert... Some of them are still living in concentration camps, no thanks to the "great and ongoing relief efforts of the United Nations"

Personally, I say move the U.N. to some other nation and let someone else carry the burden.
Ahhh, I highly doubt that any other country can perform the great puppet show that the US does with th UN... If you give up the burden, will you also give up "control"?

But, that discussion is unrelated to the discussion at hand.
- Carl
Sorry, Carl... I just figured I'd spice it up a little around here... Why with all the "Guilty" posts and the "pay it" posts... it gets pretty monotonous around here...

occharge

Show me where it says the case was decided in favor of the defendant.
Here....

Case dismissed.
That is about as good as it can ever get.... Because included with that comes a refund of all bail money, no point on the OP's record, the DMV holds nothing against him!

Add to that the fact that the OP had been tried & convicted before on this same charge, now that makes this "WIN" that much sweeter.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
occharge -

Perhaps you missed the day when reading comprehension was taught. Our OP had a positive outcome to his case, but he did NOT "win".

Zigner

Strange - I wrote up a post saying I was done arguing this with y'all as you can't seem to understand the concept. I don't know why it's not there now.

This is kind of like talking to my fern...

Strange - I wrote up a post saying I was done arguing this with y'all as you can't seem to understand the concept. I don't know why it's not there now.

This is kind of like talking to my fern...
I cannot understand the concept either as by your reasoning no defendant can ever win a criminal case.

He is found to be either:

Guilty : LOST!!

or Not Guilty: Did not lose!!

Zigner

I cannot understand the concept either as by your reasoning no defendant can ever win a criminal case.

He is found to be either:

Guilty : LOST!!

or Not Guilty: Did not lose!!
OR - Case dismissed (as it was here), which means he neither won, nor lost...rather, the case was dismissed :rolleyes:

OR - Case dismissed (as it was here), which means he neither won, nor lost...rather, the case was dismissed :rolleyes:

No, it does not mean that he neither won nor lost. It means that he did not lose. The concept that you are missing is that you can never win. All that you can do is lose or not lose.

Zigner

No, it does not mean that he neither won nor lost. It means that he did not lose. The concept that you are missing is that you can never win. All that you can do is lose or not lose.
That's a novel, but incorrect, line of thinking...

Ok, really, this time I'm done - y'all have fun.

Sometimes, one cannot win...
My point is neither novel nor incorrect. The above statement by you is not correct.

There is no such thing as an open and shut case, but, that aside, the argument stems from your poor advice given above that you are now desperately trying to spin your way out of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">