• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Question regarding stepparent adoption? :)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LilBribnj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My husband wants to adopt my 6 year old daughter he has raised her and her biological father has seen her at the most 10 times and we live really close he has his own family and he does pay child support for my daughter but does not have any relationship with her.

I really do not care about the child support (and only get it because since my daughter has medicaid they said I needed to have an active case of child support) anywho my husband spoke to her bio father and he said he would be willing to sign over rights to my husband since he understood that he was her real father.

Since everyone is willing and we have contact with her bio dad (there will not be a need to look for him or anything like everything will be voluntary)

Where would I start? I do know that there will be things that will require an attorney because I believe somethings need to be signed by the attorney and stuff but we wanted to do as much as we could ourselves to lower cost.

Can anyone tell me ok go here fill this out and then go from there..I just dont know if to go to the court house, child support or what?

Please help thank you very much for taking the time and God Bless you :D

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My husband wants to adopt my 6 year old daughter he has raised her and her biological father has seen her at the most 10 times and we live really close he has his own family and he does pay child support for my daughter but does not have any relationship with her.

I really do not care about the child support (and only get it because since my daughter has medicaid they said I needed to have an active case of child support) anywho my husband spoke to her bio father and he said he would be willing to sign over rights to my husband since he understood that he was her real father.

Since everyone is willing and we have contact with her bio dad (there will not be a need to look for him or anything like everything will be voluntary)

Where would I start? I do know that there will be things that will require an attorney because I believe somethings need to be signed by the attorney and stuff but we wanted to do as much as we could ourselves to lower cost.

Can anyone tell me ok go here fill this out and then go from there..I just dont know if to go to the court house, child support or what?

Please help thank you very much for taking the time and God Bless you :D

You need an attorney quite frankly. Go to legal aid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">