• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Business Partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angryn0rwegian

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I went into a partnership LLC a few months ago (May). Soon after we got a business credit card and checking account. We did some business over the past few months, but I never received any actual pay from the business. All the revenues/profits were kept by my partner for the duration that we were doing business. I quickly learned after going into this business that it was a bad choice. My partner maxed out the business credit card on non-business related purchases. Soon after, he moved out of his house and discontinued any and all communication with me. Now knowing all of my personal information, he used it to sign up for 2 more credit cards in my name without my authorization (stole my identity). He left our business checking account at -$2,100. Since he has skipped town, I have tried every form of communication to try and reach him without success. He has not and will not make payments on anything. It seems like an elaborate identity theft scheme and I realize how stupid I was to not see it earlier.. Now I am frantically searching for a job and removing my name from the business to start recovering from this. Can I sue my partner? What can I do?

I know everyone says this but any help is truly appreciated, I am really stuck..Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I went into a partnership LLC a few months ago (May). Soon after we got a business credit card and checking account. We did some business over the past few months, but I never received any actual pay from the business. All the revenues/profits were kept by my partner for the duration that we were doing business. I quickly learned after going into this business that it was a bad choice. My partner maxed out the business credit card on non-business related purchases. Soon after, he moved out of his house and discontinued any and all communication with me. Now knowing all of my personal information, he used it to sign up for 2 more credit cards in my name without my authorization (stole my identity). He left our business checking account at -$2,100. Since he has skipped town, I have tried every form of communication to try and reach him without success. He has not and will not make payments on anything. It seems like an elaborate identity theft scheme and I realize how stupid I was to not see it earlier.. Now I am frantically searching for a job and removing my name from the business to start recovering from this. Can I sue my partner? What can I do?

I know everyone says this but any help is truly appreciated, I am really stuck..Thank you in advance

pay the debts and sue the bad guy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">