• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband is transferring bills into my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ineedhelp0423

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida
My husband took up a 2nd residence 7 months ago with a woman he met at work. He has been paying our household bills for our son and I. He makes $200,000.00 per year but says he can't afford a lawyer. Our house is worth $200,000.00 and the house he is leasing for himself and "her" is worth $750,000.00. He has been giving me $300.00 a week and that has to take care of all of my living expenses and our 8-year-old plus my personal marital credit card debt.
Last week he started telling me that I need to transfer household bills into my name.
He is very private, cunning and always lies.
Anyone have any idea as to what he is up to all of a sudden?

LdiJ

My husband took up a 2nd residence 7 months ago with a woman he met at work. He has been paying our household bills for our son and I. He makes $200,000.00 per year but says he can't afford a lawyer. Our house is worth $200,000.00 and the house he is leasing for himself and "her" is worth $750,000.00. He has been giving me $300.00 a week and that has to take care of all of my living expenses and our 8-year-old plus my personal marital credit card debt.
Last week he started telling me that I need to transfer household bills into my name.
I think he is probably a bit stretched on his income and plans to make you pay the household bills.

Its probably time to file for divorce and get things court ordered.

Bali Hai

Think about this and re-phrase if necessary.

You should be ashamed of yourself for marrying him in the first place!

ineedhelp0423

to ohiogal

I have been a stay-at-home mother for 9 years raising his 3 boys and our 8 year-old. I am presently looking for a job with no luck so far.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have been a stay-at-home mother for 9 years raising his 3 boys and our 8 year-old. I am presently looking for a job with no luck so far.
You need to look everywhere because you need to be able to exist independently. Try McDonald's and any other minimum wage job you can as well as jobs that pay more. You need to not depend on him. Where are HIS three boys now?

Gracie3787

You can file for a CS and spousal support order without having to file for a divorce. Get a consult with an attorney ASAP. You can get a low cost consult by calling the Florida Bar Lawyer reffferal Service at 1-800-342-8011.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">