• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abusive Stepbrother....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My daughter was very upset when I called last night. Her dad tried to shush her during our call when she started talking to me about why shewas upset. Her stepbrother is 9, almost 10. She is 8. He grabbed her new sweater that she was wearing by the back of the hood. She asked him to stop, and told him that he was hurting her. After this happened he did it again pulling hard enough to tear the fabric. There is actually a hole in it.

I am concerned that he would pull in something so tightly around my daughter's neck that it would cause her sweater to tear. I am upset that her dad and stepmom told her oh well, and I am upset that her dad tried to prevent her from telling me abotu the incident.

This is not the first time that he has physically hurt my daughter. I fear that he is learnign it from my daughter's dad. Is there anything that I can do about this child? He is only 9, but my daughter is afraid of him. He is ADHD, but he is not on medication for it. I suspect that the issues are a lot deeper than that.

Thank You

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My daughter was very upset when I called last night. Her dad tried to shush her during our call when she started talking to me about why shewas upset. Her stepbrother is 9, almost 10. She is 8. He grabbed her new sweater that she was wearing by the back of the hood. She asked him to stop, and told him that he was hurting her. After this happened he did it again pulling hard enough to tear the fabric. There is actually a hole in it.

I am concerned that he would pull in something so tightly around my daughter's neck that it would cause her sweater to tear. I am upset that her dad and stepmom told her oh well, and I am upset that her dad tried to prevent her from telling me abotu the incident.

This is not the first time that he has physically hurt my daughter. I fear that he is learnign it from my daughter's dad. Is there anything that I can do about this child? He is only 9, but my daughter is afraid of him. He is ADHD, but he is not on medication for it. I suspect that the issues are a lot deeper than that.

Thank You
I doubt that he is learning it from your daughter's dad. Do you really believe that your daughter's father would hurt her?

However, he may be a "problem child" and you may have legitimate concerns about the stepbrother.

Talk to dad..and keep on top of what is happening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">