• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does she have to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poguemahone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My girlfriend has been attending a private career college for the past 2 months, and recently found out she is not able to receive financial aid. She was told by the school, both in print and verbally, that she had been accepted by the school to receive financial aid, which obviously enabled her to attend the school. However, she was just told she cannot receive aid, and now she is unable to attend the school, is forced to withdraw, and is now being asked to pay a $7,000 bill.

Does she have to pay? It doesn't make sense that she would have to pay, after she was told by the Financial Aid department she would receive enough money to cover her entire tuition....

I apologize if this is in the wrong category.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My girlfriend has been attending a private career college for the past 2 months, and recently found out she is not able to receive financial aid. She was told by the school, both in print and verbally, that she had been accepted by the school to receive financial aid, which obviously enabled her to attend the school. However, she was just told she cannot receive aid, and now she is unable to attend the school, is forced to withdraw, and is now being asked to pay a $7,000 bill.

Does she have to pay? It doesn't make sense that she would have to pay, after she was told by the Financial Aid department she would receive enough money to cover her entire tuition....

I apologize if this is in the wrong category.

**A: Hello, why don't you read the fine print in the acceptance letter she got from the school. Read it word for word then post back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">