• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a Litigation Attorney to file suit against lender...QUICK!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freeind

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I need an attorney to help me file suit against my lender right away.

I have exhausted all resources and just came across a lawsuit filed against my lender by a homeowner in California that is nearly identical to my situation; same loan docs, loan, rates, etc. The lawsuit appears to have been favorable to the homeowner as it was eventually settled by lender.

My home is in foreclosure with a sale date of next Wednesday, so I need to hurry!

I have researched this case extensively and had the complaint and supporting documents transcribed into word documents. I need a good (not expensive) attorney to assist me further.

tranquility

You are not going to save the home through litigation. Not only do I suspect you'll find the suit you are looking at will deal with entirely different issues, your time line is off.

Even if you could find an attorney who could gather all the facts necessary to make a complaint and he can research the law and write up the complaint *today* (Which is impossible.), you will not even be able to file the complaint and serve it to the opposing party before sale. Litigation takes years, not days.

GeoNOregon

Obviously it depends on state laws, but don't give up, until you speak with an attorney practicing in Colorado you won't know for certain if you have a chance of staying the auction. If I knew in '07 what I know now about foreclosure, my life would be much, much different.

My mortgage company filed foreclosure on me, but had never filed a lien on the property representing the debt. The foreclosure might have gotten tossed.

Additionally, the company bought my mortgage, never contacted me or made a demand for payment and then foreclosed. The foreclosure service was the first contact from my new mortgage company. It CAN"T be done that way.

Foreclosures, SS disability, workers' comp claims are all things that we experience without knowing the procedures and our rights. Most of the time we get screwed because of that lack of knowledge. Find an experienced, aggressive attorney, maybe your luck will change.

I heard from a reliable media source that in ~40% of foreclosures that end up in court, the mortgage company is unable to produce the note. No note, no debt.

With the way today's mortgages have been sliced and diced, finding an 'owner' of the debt is sometimes impossible.

Don't give up.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I need an attorney to help me file suit against my lender right away.

I have exhausted all resources and just came across a lawsuit filed against my lender by a homeowner in California that is nearly identical to my situation; same loan docs, loan, rates, etc. The lawsuit appears to have been favorable to the homeowner as it was eventually settled by lender.

My home is in foreclosure with a sale date of next Wednesday, so I need to hurry!

I have researched this case extensively and had the complaint and supporting documents transcribed into word documents. I need a good (not expensive) attorney to assist me further.
**A: www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">