• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA Compliance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matthew57

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

For starters, I own a small 1br 1ba condo in a nice little community in Phoenix AZ. I recently received a letter from the HOA stating they will be performing weekly compliance tours of the community. The list of what they are looking for is reasonable, however, i have an issue with what they require for patio furniture. They state that patio furniture must be limited to a table and 4 chairs. This is no problem for me, i have a table and 2 chairs out there. However, they state that all furniture must be tan in color. my table and chairs are white, and the table has a glass top. I have had this table for almost 15yrs, it is in great shape, and i really like it. I don't want to have to get rid of this just to have the correct color of furniture. Can the HOA determine what color my furniture must be?

thank you,

Matthew

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

For starters, I own a small 1br 1ba condo in a nice little community in Phoenix AZ. I recently received a letter from the HOA stating they will be performing weekly compliance tours of the community. The list of what they are looking for is reasonable, however, i have an issue with what they require for patio furniture. They state that patio furniture must be limited to a table and 4 chairs. This is no problem for me, i have a table and 2 chairs out there. However, they state that all furniture must be tan in color. my table and chairs are white, and the table has a glass top. I have had this table for almost 15yrs, it is in great shape, and i really like it. I don't want to have to get rid of this just to have the correct color of furniture. Can the HOA determine what color my furniture must be?

thank you,

Matthew

**A: yes if such rule was passed by the HOA Board and is consistent with the provisions of the HOA CC&R's. This issue appears to be a House Rule and/or design guideline.

FarmerJ

Common Element = something on the outside of building OR a area like a interior hall that are a shared area , Spray paint ! (tape off and cover glass surfaces with paper first) If the HOA docs permitted it they could even tell people what grade of TP to buy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">