• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit a gator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Firozu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

so im entering the highway on a ramp that has a banked curve doing about 50 in a 45mph zone. Yes i am going a little faster than should be. I come around the curve and a john deer gator is in my lane. It appeared to be crossing over but im not sure. SO i cant go to my right because theres a car so i slam on my brakes and try to get to the median but not enough room i hit the gator then the wall... Cop comes and says i was at fault due to the fact that he was on the road ahead of me and he has the right of way. I have serious damage to my car and im in big trouble... what i want to know is, is the gator allowed on the highway? even though he was doing work isnt there protocals that must be enacted or something to keep everyone safe? am i really at fault? can i fight it?

p.s. i got a ticket for careless driving as well..

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

so im entering the highway on a ramp that has a banked curve doing about 50 in a 45mph zone. Yes i am going a little faster than should be. I come around the curve and a john deer gator is in my lane. It appeared to be crossing over but im not sure. SO i cant go to my right because theres a car so i slam on my brakes and try to get to the median but not enough room i hit the gator then the wall... Cop comes and says i was at fault due to the fact that he was on the road ahead of me and he has the right of way. I have serious damage to my car and im in big trouble... what i want to know is, is the gator allowed on the highway? even though he was doing work isnt there protocals that must be enacted or something to keep everyone safe? am i really at fault? can i fight it?

p.s. i got a ticket for careless driving as well..
poor gator. i hope it's okay:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">