• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemancipate my 20 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimbob1260

can someone provide an answer to me that my ex filed a motion in n.j. to unemancipate my son who has been emancipated since jan. per court order. he started back to a trade school on his own in oct.,works after school and on weekends, and lives with his mom who also now wants child support does she have a chance.

Last edited:

Isis1

can someone provide an answer to me that my ex filed a motion in n.j. to unemancipate my son who has been emancipated since jan. per court order. he started back to a trade school on his own in oct.,works after school and on weekends, and lives with his mom who also now wants child support does she have a chance.
i could have sworn i saw this thread already.....

jimbob1260

it was posted before but you dont understand the courts in nj they are pricks and generally favor the women and if she gets this i will lose my house.I know a guy who had full custody of his daughter with the mom having no legal rights to the kid and filed to have the child support removed and the judge told him no you pay her

Humusluvr

it was posted before but you dont understand the courts in nj they are pricks and generally favor the women and if she gets this i will lose my house.I know a guy who had full custody of his daughter with the mom having no legal rights to the kid and filed to have the child support removed and the judge told him no you pay her
The courts follow the law, and just because you don't like the outcome, means you didn't have a good enough case.

Most likely you don't know the details of "some guy's" case.

jimbob1260

you think so i talked to another guy at work today about this and he told me that in his case his divorce degree stated part of his alimony would stop when his daughter turned 21 and when she did his ex filed for more and for it to continue and she won

Humusluvr

you think so i talked to another guy at work today about this and he told me that in his case his divorce degree stated part of his alimony would stop when his daughter turned 21 and when she did his ex filed for more and for it to continue and she won
I'm going to reiterate. I think you don't know the particulars of each case, and you don't know what went into them.

But if you just want to believe that courts slam daddies and worship mommie, then that's your opinion. There are plenty of people who think that too. But they're wrong, also.

HomeGuru

I'm going to reiterate. I think you don't know the particulars of each case, and you don't know what went into them.

But if you just want to believe that courts slam daddies and worship mommie, then that's your opinion. There are plenty of people who think that too. But they're wrong, also.
**A: nice post and thanks for the recent compliments. Sorry I could not respond directly to you but the President of my massive fan club does not permit me to release my email address.

VeronicaLodge

i dont get it, op asks a question and gets the answer then says "you dont know NJ" .... well, fine then, why come here and ask ? what is it you wanted from us?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Then hire a lawyer in NJ to answer your questions. Pay him enough and he'll agree with you all over the place. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">