• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Bench Probation violation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gerrard

My Girlfriend whom I'm trying to find out this information for lives in Sherwood Oregon.
My girlfriend got a second DUII in the space of three months.She was on Bench Probation
for the first DUII when she got the second.She had to serve 6 days in jail for the second
DUII.My question is..What are the consequence's of her getting the second DUII while she was on Bench Probation.I know the mental state on an individual does not count for motoring offences.But at the time of the second arrest she was having a nervous breakdown and in phycotic state.Any help would be great.

TIA
Paul.

HomeGuru

My Girlfriend whom I'm trying to find out this information for lives in Sherwood Oregon.
My girlfriend got a second DUII in the space of three months.She was on Bench Probation
for the first DUII when she got the second.She had to serve 6 days in jail for the second
DUII.My question is..What are the consequence's of her getting the second DUII while she was on Bench Probation.I know the mental state on an individual does not count for motoring offences.But at the time of the second arrest she was having a nervous breakdown and in phycotic state.Any help would be great.

TIA
Paul.
**A: I suggest dropping her like a hot potato.

BL

She need more help that you can give her .

If she really wants some mercy from the court perhaps she should think about enrolling in a rehab. programs , before her court date , even outpatient .

Sounds like inpatient material though , so possibly if she shows the court she has an entry date to go to rehab, the court will allow it .

Gerrard

She is already in a private outpatient rehab for the first DUI.She was put on medication
which in some people can cause neorological problems (Lamictol).This is what caused
the breakdown.

BL

She is already in a private outpatient rehab for the first DUI.She was put on medication
which in some people can cause neorological problems (Lamictol).This is what caused
the breakdown.
That doesn't excuse the fact that she chose to get in a vehicle while consuming alcohol , turn the ignition on to start the car , put the vehicle in drive and drink and drive , instead of remaining abstinent .

She could be looking at incarceration , or try to set up a date to be admitted to an inpatient facility , and hope the court will go with that " in the interest of Justice" .

Gerrard

That doesn't excuse the fact that she chose to get in a vehicle while consuming alcohol , turn the ignition on to start the car , put the vehicle in drive and drink and drive , instead of remaining abstinent .

She could be looking at incarceration , or try to set up a date to be admitted to an inpatient facility , and hope the court will go with that " in the interest of Justice" .
She knows it doesn't excuse her.She knows she has done wrong and is willing to pay the penalty,whatever that may be.She just wants to know what is the likely penalty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">