• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emploter compensation for ssi employees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

panda_maonium

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am a restaurant manager for a business in southern California. I have a friend who has been on ss/disability for many years now. She mentioned to me that if she were to get hired on with a company, that company would receive compensation for any wages she earns for a certain period of months or what have you, due to the risk of having her as an employee, etc.

I was wondering whether or not this is true in all cases, or just some. I had a customer ask me for an application for her son the other day. She said that he is high end autistic, but wants to make his own money. Honestly, with the economy being what it is right now, we don't have the need or funds to hire on an extra person. I would, however, absolutely love to help someone help themselves so to speak.

I just need to know the ins and outs of the whole thing. Or at least where i would need to go to find out.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am a restaurant manager for a business in southern California. I have a friend who has been on ss/disability for many years now. She mentioned to me that if she were to get hired on with a company, that company would receive compensation for any wages she earns for a certain period of months or what have you, due to the risk of having her as an employee, etc.

I was wondering whether or not this is true in all cases, or just some. I had a customer ask me for an application for her son the other day. She said that he is high end autistic, but wants to make his own money. Honestly, with the economy being what it is right now, we don't have the need or funds to hire on an extra person. I would, however, absolutely love to help someone help themselves so to speak.

I just need to know the ins and outs of the whole thing. Or at least where i would need to go to find out.
This person may be talking about " vocational rehab " of some sort , that the recipient is set up in . The Fed. Government in these instances with pay a percentage to the employer of the worker's wages .

You should call SSA up and ask .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">