• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tail light fix it ticket in some else car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frustratingkids

fix it ticket

my daughter received a fix it ticket while driving a friends car. The owner refuses to fix the tail light and get the ticket sighned off. Court date is approaching. How do we handle this?

CdwJava

my daughter received a fix it ticket while driving a friends car. The owner refuses to fix the tail light and get the ticket sighned off. Court date is approaching. How do we handle this?
She should point this out to the court. I don't have the citation handy, but I believe there is a provision of the CVC that makes these corrections the responsibility of the owner.

I'll look around some more to see if I can find the exact section.

If not, she may well be liable for the total fine. She can then take her friend to small claims court for the cost of the citation.

- carl

Last edited:

Nativity

If the owner is refusing to get it fixed is there a way you or your Daughter can replace it instead and get the ticket signed off?

The Occultist

This absolutely won't help with the current situation, but going forward, do note that it is the driver's (and not the owner's) responsibility that a vehicle is not operated unless it is compliant with the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">