• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflict of Interest???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lou94stang

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am purchasing a house in NY and when we went to closind I found out that my lawyer is also representing the bank that I am getting my mortgage from. Is this common practice because to me it makes me second guess who's best interest he is looking out for?

HUD-1

He would have had to deal fairly with both sides. Of course you could have hired your own attorney to respesent only your interests.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am purchasing a house in NY and when we went to closind I found out that my lawyer is also representing the bank that I am getting my mortgage from. Is this common practice because to me it makes me second guess who's best interest he is looking out for?
**A: ask the lawyer if there was a conflict of interest. Post what he/she tells you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">