• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyied my website selling my product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

plex612

State: FL

I run MySpace Bot Creator - Make your own bot for Mobsters, Mafia Wars, Heroes, Rockstar and many more! and sell a program I paid someone to create for me on it.

I recently ran this other website (Mobsterbots.com-The only site with the real Mobster cheats!!) obviously copied from my website and his paypal button links to my paypal selling my program and charges customers my price ($10.00) when he advertises it for $2.50. I get many complaints about this and want to know how I can remove his website. I Can not find a way to contact this person other than Myspace which has been unresponsive.

Please help and thank you in advance.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Figure out who his ISP is and file a DMCA complaint.

You can meanwhile make his life annoying by tweaking your URL's a bit to confuse his site (possibly redirecting his users to sites pointing out the infringement and selling to them directly).

plex612

I got a hold of him and he removed the website and sent me the money he made from the website :). Thank you for your advice and now know what to do if this happens again.

BB Photography

Speaking of Copyright infringements

State: FL

I run MySpace Bot Creator - Make your own bot for Mobsters, Mafia Wars, Heroes, Rockstar and many more! and sell a program I paid someone to create for me on it.

I recently ran this other website (Mobsterbots.com-The only site with the real Mobster cheats!!) obviously copied from my website and his paypal button links to my paypal selling my program and charges customers my price ($10.00) when he advertises it for $2.50. I get many complaints about this and want to know how I can remove his website. I Can not find a way to contact this person other than Myspace which has been unresponsive.

Please help and thank you in advance.
Dear MySpace Bot Creator - Make your own bot for Mobsters, Mafia Wars, Heroes, Rockstar and many more!,

While on the topic of copyright infringements...

My name is Brett bradford and I run my photographic studios known as Brett Bradford Photography (brettbradford.com). The "ROBOT" image used on your website is a copyrighted photographic work belonging to myself and was never authorized for use on your work "http://www.bot-creator.com

Please read the cease and desist letter being sent to you via your websites contact link and comply with it fully.

Regards,

Brett Bradford - Brett Bradford Photography

FlyingRon

Brett...start your own thread. There are three fundamental rules here:

1. Tell us what state you are in.
2. Start your own thread for your problem.
3. Start exactly ONE thread for the discussion of the same issues.

But, presuming you and the offending site are in the US. Sending that letter won't hurt but it won't have any real action.

You should, find out who owns the site in question (start with allwhois.com for example) and send the letter (SNAIL MAIL) to them.

Two, find out who the ISP is and send them a notice demanding takedown of the infringing material under the DMCA.

BB Photography

My apologies... I didn't much look into this sites rules and regulations in my rush to call out such glaring hypocrisy. Or maybe I just missed the fine print while I was tearing up, laughing my ****ing ass off.

I just found it too much to discover this website administrator on a legal advice site seeking advice on the theft of his intellectual property while investigating this same individual for the theft of mine. Just couldn't resist.

I have this problem with, you know, morons...

FWIW, all infringing images have been removed this morning. But I do sincerely appreciate the advice you mentioned.

Regards.

Last edited:

Alex23

Somehow the OP was able to get the problem solved in 11hrs minus the time to post here. Must be a record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">