• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plant closure & shut down QDRO question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suziqa2j

What is the name of your state? Maryland

There is a QDRO in place that my ex is entitled too. My plant is closing and I have been offered a buyout. What happens to the QDRO and my buyout? Are they going to take my buyout instead?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Maryland

There is a QDRO in place that my ex is entitled too. My plant is closing and I have been offered a buyout. What happens to the QDRO and my buyout? Are they going to take my buyout instead?
Normally a buyout does not effect retirement accounts. What your ex is entitled to is a portion of your retirement account. However, if for some reason, your retirement is being included in the buyout, then yes, funds would have to come from the buyout for the QDRO.

Take the buyout information, along with a copy of your QDRO, and get a consult with a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">